mac not reading hp printer

busythinkin

Registered
i just got the hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one printer in march, at the same time as my macbook pro. they worked fine together until a coffee spill claimed that computer. now i have the more recently updated macbook pro, and they will not 'talk' to each other. the macbook gets everything ready to print but will not, it says "printjob manager failed". how do i get my new computer and new printer to work together? i would totally appreciate any help, this is my very 1st computer, well 2cd because of the coffee, and i have very little experience with computers.

Liquid+computer=NOT GOOD. Electronics and liquid make quick work of shorting out circuit boards.

You best best would get the logic board replaced.

He got a new comp already I think, he wants to know why the new one wont talk to his printer.

yes i have a new computer already but it will not work with my printer. there are actually things that were sent to be printed, and are all lined up in print preview. it says "printer ready" on my screen but if i push the button to start/ resume button, it says "/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/PrintJobMgr/Contents/MacOS/PrintJobMgr failed". this is with the usb cord plugged in or not. any ideas?

Back