Mac Office 2004/entourage

zimboy

Registered
I am able to download emails from a POP3 exchange to my entourage programme. I am unable however to send emails. I have configured exactly the same a/c on an IBM Notebook and it works fine. What am I missing?
Frans

The sending of mail is only dependant on the SMTP-configuration. Is it a "normal" SMTP server on port 25? Does it use some sort of authentication for sending E-Mail? Is there an error message given when you're trying to send E-Mail? Can you try entering the correct account information into Mail.app and test this to verify?

fryke said:
The sending of mail is only dependant on the SMTP-configuration. Is it a "normal" SMTP server on port 25? Does it use some sort of authentication for sending E-Mail? Is there an error message given when you're trying to send E-Mail? Can you try entering the correct account information into Mail.app and test this to verify?

I have tried it with Mail and get no joy there. The only message with Entourage that I get is that the server times out. As far as I am aware the SMTP is normal and exactly what I have used in the past.

Back