.Mac online services has new interface

To all you .Mac users: the online interface has changed a little. It's ok, I would expect more with an upgrade. One new thing is that windows people could make homepages (needed to be on a mac before). iCards is also integrated.

I would expect an increase of standard storage for both email and iDisk, a better interface, better address book, the ability to save keep you logged in a certain computer (stored in a cookie), and much more (I need don't have enough energy to write everything ... got to catch some Z's)

they added Single Sign On, thats great

i hated that i had to log on like 2 times just to read my mail :ha:

Much better design and layout. The interface is far more intuitive.

Faster loading time (I was always a bit confused how it loaded really fast in IE for PC but slowly on Safari).

Yep, it does load faster for Safari. Also, I agree I would like the .Mac email base limit go up. One thing I noticed was the .Mac discussion boards eliminated a couple of threads.

I thought about that as well. But more than likely, that was the culprit in the pages loading slowly. It used to be the slowest loading page, now it's pretty chipper. The integration has improved, such as icards and address book. And some of the new page formats look interesting, especially the external html under advanced.

isn't the metal just an image? i doubt that there was a significant size difference between the old and new metal.

ksv said:
Doesn't look like the Apple web developers know what the w3c is, though.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.mac.com/WebObjects/Welcome&verbose=0

Oops :eek:

I recall hearing that for quite a while, Pixar employees daily would put a note -- "Park Different!" -- on Jobs's sports car -- he always parked in the space marked "Handicapped" because it was closest to the front door.

Takes a while to understand that "Accessibility" means something different for some people, which is what the w3.org page helps evaluate. Not everyone sees the same thing.

Maybe someone can come up with a way to add "Code Different" and eventually they'll notice at Apple.

Any thoughts if Apple is planning on uping the storage limit on emails? Of course I usually just through in extra emails that I would like to save into my ifolder so no big deal. Then again I really don't think I need more than 100mb for email. I wish they would allow me to store an unlimited amount of stuff for 24/48 hours... When friends and family send photos or movies to my ifolder it always says they don't have enough room.. If I had 24/48 hours of unlimited storage... then could drop off the file in my ifolder and then copy it to my macs HD, and delete from the ifolder.

Back