Mac or Hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoTheLion89

Registered
i know this might be a possible violation (even tho i see it no where in the rules) but this is a question/ceriousity oriented topic and in no way a violation intention with that said i well get to the point.

i know it is possible to install OS X on a regular computer. I know people have done it and even show how to do it down to the hardware you need and such. so what i am asking and am cerious about is how well would a hackentosh (with all compatible hardware) run compared to a real mac? I have tested but never stuck with this option nor have i ever had a real mac up to par to compare it with. People do say its cheaper to go "hackintosh" than a real Mac and as a computer tech i agree it is cheaper. Is it worth it? that is what i wanna know.

Also in a simular note how well does Windows run on a Mac compared to a computer pre-installed with windows. I've heard Macs out preform ANY non apple computer running Windows. Is this true?

again this is not an intentional violation. I am simply asking if a Hackintosh is worth it as info to other visiters coming to this site. I don't think its work it too unstable with my testing.

There is no "might" to it. It is a violation of the rules of this forum to discuss Hackintoshes. There are websites freely allow you to ask for such help and to give it. This is not one of them.

not asking help. not giving help. Did this post say "Build a Hackintosh here's how to and why"? No. It didn't. I just checked over the rules again no where does is state ANYTHING whatsoever on anything about "Hackintoshes" If a user can Ask/Tell information on what a "crack" is and not be in violation for doing so than that same rule applies here its INFORMATION NOT talking about building one or any of the such.

Last edited:
hey i said i wouldn't be violating the rules again and I'm not i looked over the rules it didnt state any thing on this subject and if it did it wouldnt be discussed i asked 2 simple one-word anser questions: how would a Hackintosh prefrom against a real mac and if it is worth it didnt mentions assistance on building making or using one.

Last edited:
hey i said i wouldn't be violating the rules again and I'm not i looked over the rules it didnt state any thing on this subject and if it did it wouldnt be discussed i asked 2 simple one-word anser questions: how would a Hackintosh prefrom against a real mac and if it is worth it didnt mentions assistance on building making or using one.

You really need to drop it. This is just a way you are trying to find an angle around the rules. You seem to be obsessed with finding ways to steal or hack whats not free or meant to be used. I doubt there is even a remote possibility this thread is going to be useful, helpful, ethical, or anything but another trolling attempt.

no this is just a way for you trying to violate me on a rule that dont exist there IS no mention of hackintoshes in the rules did i say i was STEALING or HACKING/CRACKING anything? NO! i asked "will a hackintosh preform like a real mac?"and "Is a hackintosh worth it?" no where did i mention piracy no where did i mention how to make build or use a hakintosh so its YOU that needs to stop trying to come up with ways to say im breaking the rules I READ THEM i AM NOT breaking them! how hard is it to answer 3 simple ONE-WORD answer questions?!

I doubt there is even a remote possibility this thread is going to be useful, helpful, ethical
THAT IS what this thread was intended for but people would rather argue it than answer it this WAS intended for other vistors who want to find out about Hackintoshes and if they came upon this reading the pros and cons of a Hackintosh to DETER them from wanting one can a single answer be posted? NO. Just arguements which IS a violation.

A user can post info on what a crack is AND used for and not be in violation? if i posted such a thing people would find SOME WAY to violate me this is intended a INFO topic same sa te topic on cracks no problem replying to that one but argue this one?

THIS topic would of been answered in the 1st response if it was someone other then me posting it. plain and simple.

Last edited:
There is no difference in hardware between a Mac and a Hackintosh. Apple doesn't manufacture any of the parts for their Macs (save for the enclosures) -- everything inside a Mac is Intel, Western Digital, nVidia, AMD, Broadcom, etc. -- the same stuff you can buy off-the-shelf.

A true-blue Mac will perform comparably to a Hackintosh with similar specs. That's about all you can say, unless you have a more specific question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back