Mac OS X 10.3.3 (7F24) and Safari 1.2 Seeded

guys the download is 75 mb. not 275 :p the .pkg file is 77.5 mb.

i think its huge. any1 installed it yet ? any comments ?

Running 10.3.3/Safari 1.2 on a PowerBook G4 Titanium 667

Comments… well, Safari is using about 80% CPU while sitting idle with 2 tabs open. So, some work needs to be done there.
The download manager has been improved. It gives you an estimated time remaining. If you cancel a download, it tells you how much has been downloaded of the total and lets you resume. The icon on the desktop also has a little progress bar. Nice touch (reminiscent of I.E.).
PithHelmet is not working with this build, which is no real surprise.

Other than that, it seems ok so far. Haven't had much time to play with it yet.

addendum to earlier post: One could also obtain the betas if a coworker was a Select or Premier ADC member, and elected to give you one their 5(?) download keys.

cybergoober said:
Running 10.3.3/Safari 1.2 on a PowerBook G4 Titanium 667

Comments… well, Safari is using about 80% CPU while sitting idle with 2 tabs open. So, some work needs to be done there.
The download manager has been improved. It gives you an estimated time remaining. If you cancel a download, it tells you how much has been downloaded of the total and lets you resume. The icon on the desktop also has a little progress bar. Nice touch (reminiscent of I.E.).
PithHelmet is not working with this build, which is no real surprise.

Other than that, it seems ok so far. Haven't had much time to play with it yet.

addendum to earlier post: One could also obtain the betas if a coworker was a Select or Premier ADC member, and elected to give you one their 5(?) download keys.

Besides the features of Safari, does the browser itself load pages faster, perhaps as fast as firebird? ;)

My experience of the last 24 hours is that Safari feels faster. Graphics seem to render to the screen much more quickly than before.

MBHockey said:
Besides the features of Safari, does the browser itself load pages faster, perhaps as fast as firebird? ;)

Seems faster, but I've never used Firebird so I can't comment on that aspect.

cybergoober said:
Seems faster, but I've never used Firebird so I can't comment on that aspect.

Really? Well, firebird is faster than Safari v100.1, i suggest you check it out it's a nice browser.

Safari 1.2 feels okay to me. Mac OS X 10.3.3 seems snappier at first touch, but I've grown weary of that feeling as it goes away too fast, anway. ;-)

The download manager is nice, although it still doesn't show the active download speed.

My Safari 1.2 uses about 12% processor while idle (with seven tabs open). Don't get why it would be at 80%.

All in all, the update seems quite stable. There are the known issues, of course, but I'm sure they'll get sorted out soon.

Hmm, Safari seems to be playing nice processor-wise now. Weird.
Yeah, It would be nice to get the download speed back in the download manager (it was there in 1.1.1, right? I'm not imagining this?)

No problems yet. I can't say I've noticed any improvements system-wise… then again I wasn't having any issues before, so…

Not a bad update. The new Safari is running really well, overall seems faster on my PB 1.25, I like the resume download feature. Overall 10.3.3 does not seem any different to me. Mail seems the same, have not found anything major in the .4 update, I'll keep looking around, oh... can anyone use software update? I am getting server errors.... might be the prerelease, or just down now...

No, 10.3.3 is NOT on Software Update. I was replying to disinvent, who asked if anyone else was getting errors in Software Update.

Ooh! Option-clicking on the download info in the download manager toggles between showing time remaining etc and download speed.
Also individual items can be removed from the download manager.

more to come…

Have the printing issues in Safari been fixed? Like the fonts sizes, messed-up margins, etc?

Ooh, good question... sick of spending ages developing a print CSS file, only for it to mean nothing in Safari :(

been running 10.3.3 ,so far it seems to be real stable for a "developer" version.i have been doing things like always and it's seems to be faster.safari 1.2 seems stable and it has made me official wipe IE off my drive,still keeping opera around.

so it looks to be a worthwhile update ,so far.

Back