MAC OS X 10.5.4 problems - acting up after Security Update

Newber

Registered
I just installed the security update for the 10.5.4... and well now my laptop is starting to run slow, pen tablet won't work (tried reinstalling but now the install program does not run). Can anyone help me out on this one? It's starting to drive me nuts!!!!

I don't know why, but I perceive that my Mac Mini is slower since updating to 10.5.4. I'd be interested to know if others are experiencing this too.

Need to run disk utility/first aid to see if it helps.
Two rules for updating system software:
1) run disk utility/first aid before the update and
2) run disk utility/first aid after the update

Optional rule #3 use a program like Disk Warrior to look/repair directory issues.

Need to run disk utility/first aid to see if it helps.
Two rules for updating system software:
1) run disk utility/first aid before the update and
2) run disk utility/first aid after the update

Optional rule #3 use a program like Disk Warrior to look/repair directory issues.

did that. I'm thinking it's my fault. I tried to downgrade on the OS, given that, now when I start up I get the question mark for for a quick second and then the OS starts to load. Before it was taking a long time to load the OS, but now after deleting several Final Cut captures I'm sort of back to normal. I'm going to just reboot. I'm a little angry, but at least I learned (Leopard is for Intel Mac's ONLY, Tiger or lower for me).

Thanks man :cool:

Back