Mac OS X dissapeared?

pellej

Registered
I have been looking around on google and on his forum for someone for the same problem, but i couldnt really manage to find the right one, it didnt really match up with the problem I have, so I figured it doesnt cost to ask

Problem:
I have already installed Windows 7 on my Macbook pro before, but just yesterday I decided I wanted some more space on my Windows partion (im now using 70/250 gig for windows) so i re-installed Windows through Boot Camp and that went totally fine (Im in Windows right now in a matter of fact) but then when i restarted the computer, i held down option and only the Windows partion showed up and the Mac is no longer there?
Before i re-installed Windows 7 both OSs showed up when I held down option but for some reason they dont anymore.

What should I do?? Please help

I thought the reason why you use Boot Camp is so you wont lose the original OS?
Is my Mac harddrive still on my computer somewhere? or did i lose all my files on OS X?

Thanks, Pelle

Yes it is.

1) Partition your drive for Boot Camp.
2) Use Boot Camp to boot to the Windows installer
3) In the Windows installer, incorrectly select and format your Mac OS X partition instead of the newly-created Windows partition

Result: Mac OS X is "gone."

if all else fails, try a Linux CD or even attempt to fix the bootloader with the lovely rEFIt app... perhaps boot the .iso version (burnt as an image) and install this nice graphical boot loader / chooser. good luck..

Back