Mac OS X installer.app not working

icemanjc

I'm cool, I have a mac.
Recently, running Snow Leopard, the one made to install .pkg file aka installer.app stopped working. I click on a package file to install, the installer app opens, but then it just sits there. It's definitely open and running, but it's not running installer I clicked on to run.

EDIT: I also tried taking the Installer Application from another mac and replacing the one on my computer with that one, but the problem still persists.

Last edited:
IceManjc I am trying not to be a smart a$$ but have you tried Google? :eek: I quickly found a suggestion to reseting the installer at this blog. I sure hope it helps you and if does let us know.

IceManjc I am trying not to be a smart a$$ but have you tried Google? :eek: I quickly found a suggestion to reseting the installer at this blog. I sure hope it helps you and if does let us know.

Yep, I actually did. I spent about two hours searching through google with multiple keywords to no avail.

And that's not the problem, the installer application won't even open that package I want it to open. All it does is open up the application Installer and just sit there. I have chosen to open up the package from the app Installer, but it still just sits there and does nothing.

Did you use XSlimmer or similar type of program on your Mac?

If you did, you will have to reinstall Snow Leopard to get back the full Installer GUI. In the meantime you can always learn to use the CLI "installer" from Terminal.app. I am in the same position and I love working with the command line version 110% better. But that's just me.

Hi!
Had the same trouble, reading /var/log/system.log was enlightening.
The problem is that SIMBL.osax was located in two places in my system.
I just moved /Library/ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax to a safe place (did not delete as was afraid to), and everything works ok now. Hope that helps.

Back