Mac Os X on a PC?

senne

Registered
Now there's a program on the market that allows you to run Mac Os X on a PC. What do you think about this new gadget? Tell us your opinion and be free in it! :D

seNNe

Oh yes of course! I forgot. Just install XtoPC.exe and seconds later, your PC is MacOS X ready! What a cool thing(tm).

Damn am I glad that this will NEVER EVER happen!

MacOS on a PC....this idea gives me nightmares....MacOS using PC-freaks....
AAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRGH!

ulrik

MACINTOSH EMULATION
http://www.emulators.com/download.htm

it's not really mac os x on a pc... It's a program that allows you to run mac software on a pc. It's free.. So all PC-users, try it, and I ensure you that it will crash dramaticly! :D

seNNe

P.S.: question: How can I place an icon under my name?

.....no problem, just search the Apple site for Darwin..........I got it and installed it, it works fine.....not like in the Mac but I´m pretty sure that it´s not far away.

What I can´t understand is why Apple doesn´t speaks about it?

Sure, porting OS X to the Intel platform might help win the operating system wars. Far more people use PC computers (cheaper) and may choose Apple's operating system to run on their new PC.

But Apple's interested in selling hardware. Mac OS is one of the incentives to buy Apple computers. Don't expect Apple to port Mac OS to Intel.

Nevertheless, there's a website, www.osxonintel.com, that is calling on Apple to port the operating system.

Do u wnat me to send you a CD?
It´s on the net if you wnat to downloadit..........

I´m not dreaming cause I downloaded and installed it!

Just send me a reply and I send u the disk if you´re not living in Africa or some other part of the world where it will cost me a fortune to send it.......

we've droven this subject about six feet under but let me resurrect one part of it.

It does NOT matter that OS X is a better OS, and "PC" prices DONT matter.

NeXTSTEP and BeOS were great Operating Systems, and better than winblows, BUT the sad reality of PC users is that they DO NOT care what is out there, they only care to use what is infront of their faces, and if it's not there they probably wont request it. OS X will suffer the same fate as BeOS and NeXTSTEP which is, it will bite the dust.

A good example:
MacUser at a restaurant:
**waiter comes + macuser requests a menu**
Macuser: OK I will have a steak, medium-rare, one the side I want french fries, coleslaw, rice, and a greek salad with ceasar dressing. For a drink I want a tall glass of cola with crushed ice.

A PC user goes to the restaurant:
**waiter comes but PC user doesnt look at menu **
PC user: Give me the house special.

plain and simple analogy

Admiral

Just give them some time........sooner or later they have to face the fact!
Good story doo, tru for the moment. But I hope they will come to their senses and look at OsX as a nice alternative windblows.........

Maybye I should let this rest now......... :)

Originally posted by AdmiralAK

NeXTSTEP and BeOS were great Operating Systems, and better than winblows, BUT the sad reality of PC users is that they DO NOT care what is out there, they only care to use what is infront of their faces, and if it's not there they probably wont request it. OS X will suffer the same fate as BeOS and NeXTSTEP which is, it will bite the dust.

I disagree. You're right about consumers not buying what's in front of them, but that's true in any market. NEXTStep and BeOS were never significantly marketed. Ask most PC users, and they'll tell you they've never heard of either OS. Neither ever appeared on a shelf at CompUSA or Best Buy.

If Apple were to port Mac OS to Intel and put it on store shelves, they would sell it. However, I still believe that hardware revenues would fall. Why would I buy Apple hardware if I can get the operating sytem on cheaper hardware?

You can't tell me that OS/2 Warp wasn't highly marketed, and it could run Windows (3.1) apps. That didn't help, OS/2 was fading out of the market share race before Windows 95 came out. It was getting a ton of air time in most major markets, but in the end it was Microsoft's licensing agreements with PC makers that won the war, not visiblity. People use what is preinstalled on their systems over any alternatives. Better than half of Windows users use nothing else but Office on their systems. That means that they don't need or take advantage of the greater number of PC apps. They stayed with the bundled software that came with their system. And further, if their systems have any problems (be they minor or major) they usually just buy a new system altogether (on average, PC users buy a new computer every 18 months).

So have OS/2, or Linux, or Be, or anything else on the shelfs or CompUSA or BestBuy isn't going to make any difference. The only thing that would displace Windows as the king of market share would be to remove ALL operating systems from hardware (that is NO hardware comes with any software preinstalled, or bundled, or discounted), and then let the real market force take effect. It wouldn't take long before you would start seeing more Linux systems running StarOffice (or GNU's Office Suite) than Windows systems running Office.

If Apple were to port Mac OS to Intel and put it on store shelves, they would sell it. However, I still believe that hardware revenues would fall. Why would I buy Apple hardware if I can get the operating sytem on cheaper hardware?

Because it wuold run Better????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

.....I met tells me that Linux would make them a better day, IF it wasn´t that hard to admin. OS X is more or less what they asking for, but they doesn´t understand it.......yet!
It´s like in the resturant, PC users tend to stick whit the shit they got and don´t even bother to look what´s out there.

Maybye a hack in Windblows that forced them to read OS-news every other day could help....... :) Then answer a quiz about it to get access to the computer?

Macuser: OK I will have a steak, medium-rare, one the side I want french fries, coleslaw, rice, and a greek salad with ceasar dressing. For a drink I want a tall glass of cola with crushed ice.
Ah! How trivial!

The Mac users I know would order a double club sandwich with starfish instead of turkey, a side order of Polish grass parfait, with two espresso arabica, a jus d'orange, an Indian tonic, a caramel donut and a good looking waiter (male, 50+).

Back