Mac OS X Server 10.4 Installation Problem

mwalam

Registered
Hello
I am installing OS X server on mac mini. now the problem is that i am trying to make a Administrator account after putting the Serial number. now the problem is Password. i am giving the password and it is not going to next screen can you please tell me what characters need to give a password.
thanks

you entered the serial number of the Mac Mini, typed the password, and it doesn't want to go next?

I suspecct Mac OS X Server does not work on Mac Minis, instead it only works on Xserves. It can work on Mac Mini, perhaps Apple makes sure it doesn't work on any other type of Mac hardware except server-class Xserve.

No, Mac OS X Server will run on any supported Macintosh computer. There are no "checks" to see if it's being installed on an XServe that would cause it not to install on a different machine.

Please describe your problem in more detail -- maybe even post some screenshots.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
No, Mac OS X Server will run on any supported Macintosh computer. There are no "checks" to see if it's being installed on an XServe that would cause it not to install on a different machine.

Please describe your problem in more detail -- maybe even post some screenshots.
He's right. OS X Server will install really on any Apple hardware, provided the version of the media that you are using was produced after the hardware. For example, you can't use a 10.4.0 Server DVD to install onto a Dual Core G5, since the media won't have the proper hardware info for that model.

Back