Mac Sleeps but doesn't wake up.

Perad

Registered
I have Leopard and this started yesterday. I put my computer to sleep. I then click my mouse. My mouse becomes active. Nothing else does. I tap the keyboard, press the power button etc. Nothing. To make it work again I have to force shutdown my computer by holding the power button.

I cannot currently find my Leopard disk *sigh*.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot/fix this?

I have Leopard and this started yesterday. I put my computer to sleep. I then click my mouse. My mouse becomes active. Nothing else does. I tap the keyboard, press the power button etc. Nothing. To make it work again I have to force shutdown my computer by holding the power button.

I cannot currently find my Leopard disk *sigh*.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot/fix this?
I have the same problem on my Powermac Dual 2.3Gz G5. Problem started after I upgraded to Leopard. Whenever I "sleep" the system for say 30 minutes or longer it appears the system awakes (i.e. red light flashes on mobo as seen through front grill and typical start-up "noises" i.e. fan, hard drive spin-ups) but the video and mouse does not. I did not have this problem with Tiger 10.4.11.

What I've done thus far:

1. Made sure I was current on Leopard - 10.5.4
2. Followed instructions found on this site to turn off "deep" sleep mode
3. Reset the PRAM per instructions from Apple Support for my model of Powermac G5
4. Reset the SMU per Apple Support instructions

All of these had no effect on the problem.

Any other ideas out there? Your comments are most welcome.

Thanks.

P.S. Everything on my system is "factory". Came directly from Apple.

Problem started after I upgraded to Leopard.
How did you perform the upgrade? Was it an archive and install, or did you do a real upgrade that upgraded everything in place?

Back