.Mac sync

Rhisiart

Registered
When I attempt to sync using my .Mac account I get the message shown in the image below.

Can anyone explain this?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    14 KB · Views: 13
I have had sync problems before. Try going into the iSync preferences and "reset" all sync devices (I think this is what it says, not at the mac right now). You will then be able to choose how you want to sync and it should correct itself. If you don't find what I am talking about, post back and when I get home after work I'll check the exact wording for you.

The button is "Reset Sync History..."

Something glitched yesterday with iCal. I was adding a vCal entry that I got from email. It took a long time to add but finally completed. Now, today, I can't sync with my .Mac account. Looking at the .Mac pane from System Preferences, the Calendars checkbox just spins. I've left it for quite some time (half hour or more).

I tried the reset sync history. I may try that again because I then told it to "merge" the data with .Mac. I probably just need to push what is on my laptop to .Mac and not try to merge it.

But I have a basic problem between my portable home directory syncing and my iSync syncing. I'm not sure how to resolve all that.

But, for now, can someone point me to a log file or something that will help me diagnose this?

Thanks

I found this link which helped tremendously:

Fix Slow iSync

I did not need to make a change to my calendar for it to appear. I did need to delete my Palm device from iSync and then readd it by doing "Enable Palm OS" under the Devices menu of iSync. That leads to a sequence of steps. The last is to enable syncing for this device in the conduit settings of the Hot Sync Manager. When I clicked that box, the palm device reappeared in the list of devices (not really the list -- the silver tab with pretty pictures of devices on it).

Back