Mac won't connect to 4 particular websites

Poekicker

Registered
I can not connect to 4 particular websites:
about.com; riya.com; kaboodle.com; and tripadvisor.com.

Other computers on my home network have no trouble accessing these sites, so I don't believe it is a router issue.

It seems to localized to my iMac, all accounts on this machine have the same issue and it occurs regardless of what browser I use.

When I ping these addresses (ping www.kabooble.com, for example) the name is conversted to an IP adress (65.19.133.66 in tis case), but then I get the message "ping: sendto: No route to host" over and over.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

I have a Belkin Pre-N router transmitting in Pre-N, 802.11g, and 802.11b wirless modes. All my macs connect wirelessly via AirPort cards, including my iMac with the issue. I also have a Buffalo System LinkStation 250 GB storage device connected to the router via ethernet. Network security is WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption.

I configure IPv4 using DHCP and use the following DNS servers: 68.39.224.5

Let me be very clear. Safari has no problems accessing any of the four sites that you cannot reach. Your problems are likely local to your setup. Make sure that your Mac configures IPv4 via DHCP. I would also recommend that you have only one router between your broadband modem and your computer. After you reconfigure your physical connection, create a new Location that is configured as I have described.

Back