Macavenger about your FTP...

If you look at the Macavenger posting above on the last page, I believe he said he had to disable that u/p and start making people request a new u/p directly from him. He said it would take a while for him to get to everyone as demand is quite high. I tried all day and gave up. I'm waiting until Saturday...sigh.

Thanks to my changing to a request system for the login/password to my FTP server, the load has become much more manageable. In fact, at the moment only one person is downloading, and I have sent the login to everyone who has requested it (I think). Therefore I should now be able to fill login requests fairly quickly, assuming that I haven't gone to bed yet and I don't get a rush of requests. Plus, download speeds should be good.

your image does not install. write errors every single time i try. what a joke!!!
i burned it fine. boot off the cd and instalkl, eventually it says write errors. tried 2 times.

Many people, including myself, have successfully installed using that image downloaded from my server, so I know the image is fine. I don't know what might be causing the error on your end however. Perhaps if you provided more detail about your setup and the procedure you used to burn the CD, someone could help you figure out what is going on.

I've had no problems installing off of the image from Macavenger's site. Make sure you are NOT mounting the image before you burn it and you should be fine. And use Toast, it won't work any other way....

im an expert so i know what i am doing.
i opened toast 5.01. the image window is open. so i drag the imago to the toast window. click burn. burns it to cdrw at 2x.
10.0.4 is installed. what i tried was booting from cd using c key on board, install, eventually it gets write error. tried again after a reformat reinstall 10.0.4 only this time i open cd from within 10 0 4 and run the installer and it reboots. same problem. i even tried updating my 10.1 5g27 and same problem. and each time i reformat using drive set up. initalize.
dual g4/450 with 896mb ram and super drive.

it goes through the prepare and then installs, says like 23 minutes, goes up and down, then while it's installing eventually gives the error.

I am the one person downloading from Macavenger at the moment. For some reason the FTP is only transferring at about 11 kb a second, but hey I can wait the 9 hours...Don't know why its going so slow though...I have a T1 connection, I am the only one downloading...anything I can do to speed this up macavenger?

By the time your message was posted, there was several more people logged on...11k IS rather slow though. I didn't think I had let THAT many people on. Oh well, I don't suppose it matters any more. ;)

Originally posted by Silvereclipse00
I am the one person downloading from Macavenger at the moment. For some reason the FTP is only transferring at about 11 kb a second, but hey I can wait the 9 hours...Don't know why its going so slow though...I have a T1 connection, I am the only one downloading...anything I can do to speed this up macavenger?

buggs1a- If you're an "expert" why are you having problems that others aren't? If you were an "expert" I would think you'd be able to figure out what the hell you were doing wrong and fix it. macavenger was kind enough to let you d/l some stuff from him for free and you bitch about it not working?! :rolleyes:

Damn, people that complain about stuff they obtained illegally really piss me off!

macavenger, I downloaded the image using the FTP client Transmit however it's not being recognized as a disc image. Disk Copy wont see it and it has a Transmit icon instead of a disc img icon. Is their anything special i need to do or is the img no good?

Interesting how people assume that since I am running the FTP server, I must know all there is to now about the file, burning it and installing it. ;) Anyway, to me it almost sounds like transmit did not fully download the file, and thus didn't change it's file type and creator codes back to what they are supposed to be. Just a guess though. How large a file do you have? Once you do have it though, DO NOT OPEN IN DISK COPY!! While this MAY not actually damage the image, if ti is mounted when you try to burn it, the burn will not work. Just dump the image into the Disk Image section (not the files and data section, or you will end up with a CD containing the image) of toast 5.0.1 or newer and click record. That should be all there is to it. I hope this post was of some help at least!

Back