Macbook headphone jack problems

Marie111

Registered
I have a problem with my headphone jack on my macbook. When I have my headphones plugged in and I move my mac opens iTunes and starts playing a song on there. at first I thought there was something wrong with my headphones so I bought a new pair but it does the same with them, so there's clealy something wrong with my headphone jack. I have no idea how I ruined my headphone jack, I haven't plugged my headphone in aggressively or anything.

I don't know how to fix this problem so if anybody knows or think they can help me please do so.
(if my English is bad it's because i speak Danish)

I have a problem with my headphone jack on my macbook. When I have my headphones plugged in and I move my mac opens iTunes and starts playing a song on there. at first I thought there was something wrong with my headphones so I bought a new pair but it does the same with them, so there's clealy something wrong with my headphone jack. I have no idea how I ruined my headphone jack, I haven't plugged my headphone in aggressively or anything.

I don't know how to fix this problem so if anybody knows or think they can help me please do so.
(if my English is bad it's because i speak Danish)
Go to System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login items and remove "iTunes Helper" from the list. (Don't just uncheck the box. Select that item, and press delete, or drag it out of the window). Then, log out and log back in. Try connecting your headphones to test that iTunes does not launch when you change your headphone connection.
That should take care of iTunes automatically launching.
However, you still may have a hardware problem.
How old is your MacBook?
Your internal headphone port may have a loose connection. The headphone port is usually on the logic board, so if it needs repair, it can be pretty expensive.

Do you live near Kastrup? https://www.supermacservice.dk

Back