MacBook Pro Heat Issue.......and Apple's Heavy Hand

I think this might be what they are saying.

Seems like the cpu (gpu) heat is not getting transferred to the heat pipes properly because of the way the thermal paste is applied and the hardware heat sensors for the fans are on the heatpipes.
So the hardware heatpipe sensor is detecting lower temperatures than it would if the thermal paste was applied properly and the fans don't start as often as they should so a fair bit of heat stays in the macbook.
With a thermal paste mod the fans will start up more often as the hardware heatpipe sensor is detecting higher temperatures in the heatpipes due to the properly applied thermal paste.
As the fans start up more often more heat will be pushed out of the macbook instead of just staying in the macbook.

btw if you want to feel real heat on a laptop type computer you should see my ecs a928.
It's a desknote which is a laptop running conventional full power (not low power) pc parts.
It uses a standard 1.8ghz p4 and standard pc ddr memory.
The heat it generates is unreal and you could fry an egg on the ac adapter.
There are tons of reports of the adapter plug frying and melding onto the socket pins and when you try to remove it the socket pins come out of the socket.
Now that's real laptop heat.

Has anyone compared it to other CoreDuo laptops? Apple always has the metal case whereas the other ones are usually plastic so you don't get the sense that they're that hot since the plastic doesn't transfer the heat as well.

Odd. Last night, I installed a widget that monitored one of the sensors. Unplugged, it was running 105 degrees F and the fans weren't coming on.

Joshua

Back