Macbook Pro Monitor Not Waking Up

J1985Stylesuk

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Im in desperate need of help,

I was using my Macbook Pro this morning and it was working perfectly as normal. I did a standard shut down and when I tried to turn the machine back on the display would not wake up. The machine itself is booting fine, it still makes the gong sound when booting up and I can adjust the volume and turn the caps lock on and off. I just cant see anything as the screen remains black.

I have tried the P&R boot twice and also took the battery out and removed the power source and pressed the power button for 15 secs and put it back together and tried to reboot with no change.

This same issue happend about 2 months ago and a friend who worked for apple knew a command to turn on the screen and ever since there has not been a problem. Unfortunatly my friend is in Australia and I'm unable to contact him. I have a University assignment due at the end of the week and I use the laptop for work so I'm really panicing!!!

I would apreciate it so much If someone could tell me the keyboard command which wakes/turns on the screen.

Many Thanks

J

Back