MacBook Pro Question: What's it worth?

jonpb

Registered
First, if this isn't the correct forum, forgive me... I searched but couldn'r find anything related to sale-type questions.

Second, I'm not trying to sell anything on this forum, I am simply looking for advice on what the following may be worth:

MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz, intel core 2 duo, 4 gig of RAM, 160 Gig 7200 rpm hard drive, 256 VRAM, 1.5 yrs old. OS X 10.5. Well cared for and maintained.

I'll be selling this soon, but am unsure what a good price to ask is -ebay is all over the place, so I thought I'd pose the question here to you folks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

No set rule. Whatever the traffic will bear. Start with a reasonable price with wiggle room built in for negotiation. IMHO, start with 2/3 original price or 2/3 current comperable new price; whichever is lower. Be prepared to go to 1/2. (You don't want the buyer to consider new)

http://www.mac2sell.net/

As with any good, "what is it worth?" is subjective. While one notebook may be worth $1000 to one person, it may only be worth $500 to another.

It would be a good idea to shop around and see what others are selling their notebooks for, as well as take into account the price quoted from the website above. In the end, what it's worth is only as good as what you can sell it for.

Thanks for your input everyone. Good advice. Thanks for the mac2Sell site ElDiabloConCaca... this is a great resource and starting point.

Mac2sell is excellent for general values.. you can also check (if outside US) some local Mac magazines for what they ask.
I went pretty close to what Mac2sell suggested for my MacBook's value when I sold it - but I've seen people trying to sell 1-2 years old Macs way too close to the value of the new ones of the same kind.. good luck with that.
Around 2/3 would probably be good ti aim at.

Back