MacBook Ultra thin?

Bio-Gene

Registered
Hey,

Ok I am sure everyone has heard of the rumoured and now confirmed ultra-thin MacBook with only 12" screen size and its going to support 1280x800 resolution. Now I was wondering in terms of viewing size for graphics would that be a big enough screen size or would the 15.4" on the low end MacBook Pro be better?

I mean all the graphics I would be doing is mostly sigs and avatars for forums and then maybe web designing! Also I would do the usually school work for university next year hopefully and any other work! So in terms of specs they're both the same I mean the ultra thin is going to have say better battery around I think 6.5 hours to 8 hours some say! But specs are all the same including graphics card!

So yeah would be nice to have something small and light to carry but then again even 15" is not too heavy, but what bothers me is viewing size and if someone could help me out with that! I mean viewing when doing graphics or video editing and such! Thanks for the help!

Well I feel if Apple does come back with a 12 inch, it will use integrated graphics chip like in the Mac mini. This would keep the 12 inch small.

No they confirmed that the graphics card will be an ATI Radeon like the one already in the Pro's, this is because the 12" ultra thin MacBook is part of the Pro family!

i wouldn't consider anything "confirmed" here. ;) ("i'm sure you've heard" - "rumour" - "now confirmed"...)

but I'm a long time advocate for subnotebooks. (Although I wouldn't consider 12" "sub", it's still too big...) so i'm all for a 12" MacBook Pro. even with an integrated graphics chip, they'd still call it "pro", mainly because the machine would be more expensive than a 13" MacBook. 1280x800 is good for pros that want a small package. Pros don't need a highend 3D graphics chip. They've got something like a PS3 for gaming purposes. The integrated graphics of the MacBook, for example, is more than good enough for Adobe CS3 - even *if* they'd enable OpenGL zooming in Photoshop (which is rumoured to be left out for the first version).

Ahh I see but then a screen size of that resolution would still be great for using Photoshop CS3, and like any other video editing app!

Back