MacFUSE/VeraCrypt not working with OS13 and OS14 (error = kext load failed- -603947007)

ChangeAgent

Registered
I have the following situation. I use VeraCrypt (VC) (version 1.25.9) that use MacFUSE (version 4.5.0). Presently we use OS12 (belt and braces approach learned from Apple Tech People long ago, “Never upgrade to the newest OS, let others test and wait till most bugs are out.”) and want to move to OS 13.

In order to be following the belt and braces approach I am testing all our applications on an external USB SSD connected to a M1 MBP, with the new system installed on the USB SSD. All applications work as should, except VC that use MacFUSE.

I get the flowing error that I believe is a MacFUSE error.

kext load failed- -603947007
mount_macfuse- the file system is not available (255)

I removed and installed MacFUSE, rebooted several times, checked security settings etc. all seems OK. But maybe I missed something.
We use the latest version of MacFUSE.

Does anybody have any idea as to what I am missing here or why it does not work? I see in the MacFUSE forum that it is confirmed (a different problem as mine) that MacFUSE works with OS 13 and OS 14.

Your using an older Murcrosoft plugins that needs to be updated with modern silicon versions!

That might be. But if I run the MS updater there is nothing it finds to update. So how to do this?

And how does that relte to my MacFUSE problem?

Well it looks like Macfuse is now Universal! you should update to that version! Plus update your Microsoft software or go with a free version of office for Mac with LibreOffice and replace Mail with Thunderbird! This way you haven't got to pay Microsoft or Adobe subscriptions ever again!

So the updaters,especailly the Google Updaters from your system to start plus use the free program called all Delete Apps that uninstall all parts of a program whoever they hide!

Last edited:
Well it looks like Macfuse is now Universal! you should update to that version! Plus update your Microsoft software or go with a free version of office for Mac with LibreOffice and replace Mail with Thunderbird! This way you haven't got to pay Microsoft or Adobe subscriptions ever again!

So the updaters,especailly the Google Updaters from your system to start plus use the free program called all Delete Apps that uninstall all parts of a program whoever they hide!
Thnaks. I know about the other applications and have no better experiences with them compared to MS. Except they are for free maybe. However since all my clients use MS I can not use Open Office or Libre Office. To much hassle.

I looked at Delete Apps only useful if you delete a complete application, and not for removing those plugins you found. I have been using AppCleaner for years with excellent results and much easier to use.

All my MS is up to date. So do not know where the old MS plugins come from.

OK folks I solved it. Due to the limitations Apple puts on KEXT files and the aim to do away with them all together in the future one cannot use KEXT files on a external SSD.

Back