MacOS X Screen Saver?!

Quattro

Registered
MacAddict.com has a bunch of screen shots from PB, a couple of the screen shots are of a screen saver preference panel!

MacOS is finally going to have a built in screen saver. Woo Hoo!

Yep, it's true. It has a screensaver. It's not very powerful, though. It draws an Apple logo and writes out your computer's name. Yes, that's it. Also there is no password-protection. But there are possibilities for adding Scr eenSaver modules, which is good.

Steve Jobs had a nice screen saver on his OSX machine in Paris.
It took all his icons and displayed them randomly on his screen like the flying toasters on steroids.

I setup my screensaver and left my machine for the night. Upon my return this morning, it was frozen solid. Perhaps there are conflicts between the screensaver and energy settings. Anyway, hope to see modules real soon that allow functionality and security to the screensaver.

Originally posted by micke
Steve Jobs had a nice screen saver on his OSX machine in Paris.
It took all his icons and displayed them randomly on his screen like the flying toasters on steroids.

well thats a module for FREESPACE - simple search with Sherlock (I currently can´t remember the URL). There are a lot of cool modules for it out there (OpenGL =8)

Regards,
Markus

I actually found a package of 7-8 OS X compatable screen savers when I was browsing Versiontracker tonight... take a look there.

Yep.. the epicware stuff works rather well. Fire is way cool too, but does strange things once in a while.. I'm really happy to see that the author puts out other stuff as well.

Hello,

There are quite a few screensavers built into OS X. They can all be accessed through the "Screensavers" panel in Sys Prefs. There is the default one that shows your name and an Apple logo, then there's flying icons, and a whole buch of slideshows.

New ones can be added easily - simply drop them in /Library/Screen Savers/ and they can be accessed through the "Screensavers" pref pane. There are tons of screensavers (a really cool one, "Flurry") at TheMox.net.

And yes, there is password protection. It's in one of the tabs in the pref pane (I don't know which - I'm at school on a PC).

Chris

Prime:

The first posts of this thread are probably talking about the Public Beta, or maybe even one of the Developer Previews of Mac OS X, which didn't have the password function. It's a 1.5 year old thread. :)

this is my screen saver, it's hankey the christmas poo pooing all over the descktop! bad screensaver! (sound effects too!) os x rocks!

Attachments

• poopoo800x600.jpg
    poopoo800x600.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 42
Back