macos x skills for my resume?

scuzzo84

Registered
I just did some hefty learning and been using macosx for a while. I wanted to put it down on my resume the skills that I have now but....what bullet points could I point beside just saying I know osx?

what kind of things have you learnt?

e.g.
<.> Experience using Aqua interface.
<.> Experience with managing administrator account on Unix based MacOS.
<.> Experience with Unix command line interface.

Just ham it up a bit....

i wouldn't put the aqua bit. it like saying i can cook: i can turn on the oven, i can open the fridge, i can take out all the ingredients from the cupboard, i can get out the right pan, i can use a knife. it's too elementary, and is an obvious thing answered by the next point.

Individual application experience goes a long way. The more of the "biggies" you know (Office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Quark, Flash, etc.), the better &#8212; especially since these skills are relevant even in non-Mac contexts.

Networking experience is a big asset, too, especially cross-platform networking.

Any programming languages you know are worth mentioning. AppleScript, perl and of course Objective-C are probably the most relevant on the Mac, although AppleScript and O-C are pretty much meaningless in any other environment.

It all depends on what kind of job you're targeting, of course. I have a few different Mac-centric resumes that emphasize different skill sets.

Really: If _you_ don't know what you've actually learnt &#8211; is it worth to put together a list of things that you might have no idea about and then try to get a job you're not qualified for? I don't want to sound too harsh, but why don't you give us _your_ list, in _your_ words, and we'll help you make it _sound_ better and sound more _correct_...

What _have_ you learnt that could make you the perfect desktop Mac supporter?

fryke said:
Really: If _you_ don't know what you've actually learnt – is it worth to put together a list of things that you might have no idea about and then try to get a job you're not qualified for? I don't want to sound too harsh, but why don't you give us _your_ list, in _your_ words, and we'll help you make it _sound_ better and sound more _correct_...

What _have_ you learnt that could make you the perfect desktop Mac supporter?

I know freebsd, um just navigating around, installing things, updating...I duno macosx so far is so much easier than windows its just so simple...

look around the forums here. at any one time there are up to and around 100 problems relating to someones mac. see how many you can answer, effectively, and see which ones you are most confident with. the mac is very easy for new people to use, but at the end of the day, it one of the most complex pieces of software you're ever likely to use, and has all the problems associated with that much complexity. even mac os goes wrong, and a lot by the looks of these forums.

the text in my dashboard widgets is, for some reason, placed too high in some widgets, also, incorrect characters are displayed (é instead of degrees, for example). how would i go about fixing this, for example?

Back