macosrumors.com - gone?

jobsen_ski

Daily Player
I have been trying to acces www.macosrumors.com throughout the day and have had no success. I have tried using safari and I.E. on a mac and IE on a windoze PC. does anyone know why this is? or if theres been a change of web address or anything? thanx r
:confused:

Well it doesn't work for me (using Safari or Camino). It's been like this for a couple of weeks.

jobsen_ski said:
I have been trying to acces www.macosrumors.com throughout the day and have had no success. I have tried using safari and I.E. on a mac and IE on a windoze PC. does anyone know why this is? or if theres been a change of web address or anything? thanx r
:confused:
Seems fine to me.

Satcomer said:
Well it doesn't work for me (using Safari or Camino). It's been like this for a couple of weeks.

Well it was working fine for me yestarday but I know that they had reported on their site that *some* users had had dificulties accessing the sight! maybe someone who can access it could inform them that some people are again having *dificulties*.

are there any intresting stories on their today anyway?

Ah, and now it isn't working for me anymore! It definitely worked fine when I checked yesterday, and seemed to have a new look (though I haven't checked the site in many weeks), so it wasn't just cached. Perhaps the servers are getting overwhelmed at certain times of the day? It doesn't seem to be browser dependent or location dependent, anyway.

DNS, I'd say, according to these reports. Doesn't work for me either and DID work the day before yesterday. Maybe they forgot to pay or something... Anyone got their IP?

Yeah. 'Innovative' writing seems to be a hit among some people. ;-) Maybe we'll wake up one day and find people asking themselves, whether it's allowed or not to ask on macosx.com: "Warez dat Cmd-Kee every1z tawking 'bout?"

No offense - ::angel:: - but when i saw that you had posted to this thread, I "knew" that it would be to point out that boner. :)

I've changed the name now. With MOSR often having uptime problems in the past, I'm almost tempted to stick the thread. ;-) However, MOSR's not THAT important to many of us anymore...

Yes, I tried to restrain myself, but there's times when I just have to let the inner grammar/spelling Nazi out for a little fresh air. And when I get in an Arden-like posting frenzy ... well, as some would say: When there's a wares, there's a ways. ::angel::

well i just visited the cached site from google and it says

"We are currently cleaning up after a series of weekend server upgrades/additions, and DNS service may be disrupted for the next few days."

also

"If you experience any problems accessing the site via DNS, the site can be accessed at http://199.105.116.92/.

We plan to resume updates as soon as the DNS issues are cleared up."

of course the link isnt working either safari "couldn't connect to the server" that site is having some serious problems - lol

Back