MacOSX.com join date? and Story

pwharff

Registered
So when did you join? I know it says this next to your avatar, but I'm just curious to see how far back some of you go?

Nov 2000

I found MacOSX.com out of curiousity to see if Apple owned macosx.com and was surprised to see that they did not, I've been a member ever since!

So when did you join? I know it says this next to your avatar, but I'm just curious to see how far back some of you go?

joined in Jan 2002, well i found macosx.com wile being bored and typing in random www addresses, and here i am!

Now if you asked who is the oldest age wise, you might have something!

joined in February 2002. This is when I switched to mac and got my first mac: ibook G3 600 dual USB :D

I joined about the time the boards started. In fact, I may have made the first post. Talk about timing.

Just joined. Got my first Mac back in November (a 17" iMac) after much umming and arring.

Now I'm wondering why I waited this long to get one ...

pwharff said:
I found MacOSX.com out of curiousity to see if Apple owned macosx.com and was surprised to see that they did not, I've been a member ever since!
Might as well say "Originally posted by Arden." ;) I joined in December of '02, but I didn't really become active until late January or February. The rest, of course, is history. ;)

Hey Scott, how come I can't read the first thread? The first one I can read is the third, I think.

Joined a year ago. Had surfed various sites before but never posted. Then I had some trouble with my JVC camcorder and importing footage. This site seemed to have good people who knew about Macs and there wasn't any trolling that I could see.
So I registered. I never got an answer to that question, though I figured it out on my own. Early on, I only posted once in a while, but as I felt more comfortable, more posts. Now it's a regular site that I truly enjoy being part of its community. ::angel::

Arrrgh.....Gather round and I'll tell yeee a tale, a tale o' danger, lust, revenge and betrayal. Twas the month of December when I discovered macosx.com.....erm..I did a google search and then I joined :D

Arden said:
Hey Scott, how come I can't read the first thread? The first one I can read is the third, I think.

The first thread posted ever or the first post on this thread?

Joined in... [EDIT... posts message, checks date, runs back in...] Aug 2001, posted fairly straight off the bat, then had a lull of inactivity for about 4-6 months. Now I am sorta regular, but not as much as I used to be (must be the change in diet). ;)

I joined two months after I got my G4 (FW 800) last year. The price dropped on the model I wanted and so I decided to buy it. But the reason it dropped was because Apple was going to anounce the G5. I knew that I should have waited but I really wanted a new Mac to replace my G3 iMac. Anyways, it was the first time that I experienced the OS X operating system, and I knew that I would probably need help with it.

Cheryl said:
The first thread posted ever or the first post on this thread?
First thread ever. The oldest thread I can read is the third. What happened to the first and second?

Back