Macosx.com picture association thread

thanks g/re/p

I don't find advanced on this French computer (where should it be? not in finder)..I was looking for avancé all over. Niet. It concerns a snap I took was from the archives on the external drive. I use to know how to do this with Outlook and my old G350 Blue, but with mail and this wonderful computer iMac, I'm a bit confused. Please be patient. I'm working on it. Thanks guys. Reed

Here is an example: /Users/henry/Desktop/LittleHorse.jpg

Reed,

On that window, you don't drag the picture. You put the URL that directly links to the picture on the web.

thanks nixgeek,

As I said, this is an archive pic. What web site I got it from goes way, way back. I'm sorry to bore you guys. I really don't understand. As I said to the g/re/p I'm going to work on it. I know...it's easy as pie.............once you got "it" down correctly. Rounds for everybody. I'm paying.

thanks nixgeek,

As I said, this is an archive pic. What web site I got it from goes way, way back. I'm sorry to bore you guys. I really don't understand. As I said to the g/re/p I'm going to work on it. I know...it's easy as pie.............once you got "it" down correctly. Rounds for everybody. I'm paying.

I've set up a Flickr account for such things when I don't want to hotlink to a site (sometimes you end up with an undesirable picture as retaliation for hotlinking to blogs since doing so can use up their bandwidth).

It wasn't from a blog. Just a nice snap from a web site concerning American Indians. I don't get it.

Attachments

• LittleHorse.jpg
    LittleHorse.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 9
click me ! (lol)

* use quote to see how i did this

There's a difference between an attachment and linking to the URL of a picture.

Reed, a site like photobucket or Flickr will house pictures that you might want to link to in such situations as this. That little box I highlighted in the picture I attached allows you to input the direct URL to the picture, but it does require that the picture be hosted somewhere on the web. You can't input a local directory there. The attachment option lets you do that, but unfortunately comes out really small and you have to click on it to view the full size.

Hope this clears up things.

There's a difference between an attachment and linking to the URL of a picture.

Reed, a site like photobucket or Flickr will house pictures that you might want to link to in such situations as this. That little box I highlighted in the picture I attached allows you to input the direct URL to the picture, but it does require that the picture be hosted somewhere on the web. You can't input a local directory there. The attachment option lets you do that, but unfortunately comes out really small and you have to click on it to view the full size.

Hope this clears up things.

It was meant as an example on how to make a clickable URL link with a custom title.

Thanks g/re/p & gang....
It has to sink into this hard stone of mine. I'll get the hang of this. To be continued......................

Time to go to VirtualTracy's Church for a couple of beers. Who needs to be Baptised? Bless you all.

Back