Macromedia Studio MX 2004 and "Tiger"

DavidMD

Registered
Hello, everyone.

I have two questions.

First, is Macromedia Studio MX 2004 (with Flash Professional) fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger")? Also, I assume that Studio MX 2004 supports XHTML, based upon what I have read.

Second, I am a registered user of BBEdit. Macromedia Studio MX 2004 comes with a trial version (older than mine) of BBEdit. Will installing Macromedia Studio MX 2004 "stomp" over my registered version of BBEdit?

(Bare Bones Software support suspects not, but they are not sure.)

Thank you very much, in advance, for your time and help!

Cordially,

David M. Dickerson

Hi David,

I've been using MX 2004 (And Studio 8) for a while on Tiger now, and have found no problems with it.

As for the BBEdit, maybe you can change it's name to BBEdit2 or temporarily move it out of your applications folder while you install Studio MX04? Just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Simply make a copy of the BBEdit application. So you'll _notice_ whether it overwrites it. If you move it out of the way, you'll (and more importantly WE'll) never know whether it would have harmed the BBEdit installation. But I'm with BareBones here, I guess it wouldn't simply overwrite a newer version.

Hi, everyone.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jon, are you running both Studio MX 2004 and Studio 8 on the same Mac?

I will rename BBEdit, compress its folder and back up its prefs file, or take some other measure.

I can always reinstall my registered version of BBEdit, but I'd just as soon not install the trial version of BBEdit at all! ;)

Thanks!

Cordially,

David

I am running both Studio MX 2004 and Studio 8 on my Mac OS X 10.4.3 system without incident, so I can confirm there are no conflicts or issues (at least on my machine).

Hi, Jeff!

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I am running both Studio MX 2004 and Studio 8 on my Mac OS X 10.4.3 system without incident, so I can confirm there are no conflicts or issues (at least on my machine).
Thanks for the information.

Are you using BBEdit and, if so, did you already have it installed on your machine when you installed Studio 8 (from Studio MX 2004)?

Also, out of curiosity, why are you running both versions? Is there and advantage that Studio MX 2004 has over Studio 8?

Thank you!

Cordially,

David

Nope, I just haven't removed Studio MX 2004 yet. Just wanted to make sure nothing drastic changed in MX 8, so I kept the older versions around for a while.

I don't use BBEdit -- I use TextWrangler, but I would assume that even if BBEdit is installed by the MX installer program, your registration should stay intact since I don't believe the registration info is stored inside the application, and the installer will most likely just install a newer BBEdit application if it needs to.

Hi, Jeff.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I don't use BBEdit -- I use TextWrangler, but I would assume that even if BBEdit is installed by the MX installer program, your registration should stay intact since I don't believe the registration info is stored inside the application, and the installer will most likely just install a newer BBEdit application if it needs to.
Thanks for your message.

Did you just delete the trial version of BBEdit when you installed Studio MX 2004?

I hope that you are liking Studio 8. I cannot afford to upgrade right now.

According to what Bare Bones Software told me, the MX 2004 installer will install the version of BBEdit that was the most current when Studio MX 2004 was released.

I am still running BBEdit 7 (not 8), but it will still be newer than the version of BBEdit that comes with Studio MX 2004.

I guess I'll just have to give it a shot and see what happens.

In the worst cast, I'll just have to reinstall BBEdit 7 again.

Thanks, again.

Cordially,

David

Back