Mactheripper quits unexpectedly

Gardouche

Registered
Allo everyone !

I've been using MacTheRipper for a while to make copies of the DVD's I buy because after a while they do get scratched and they can't be used no more. Since yesterday when I insert a DVD to copy it, MacTheRipper starts scanning the DVD and in the middle of the scan a window pops up and tells me that the program has to quit unexpectedly and I can't use it after. I've tried with a couple of my DVD's and I can't copy none of them.

I installed a new program to transform .avi files, the name of the program is ffmpegx. Could it be this program causing Mactheripper to close. I uninstalled it and uninstalled Mactheripper. I reinstalled Mactheripper but it still closes.

Would anyone have a solution to this problem ?

Thank you and have a nice evening everyone

Gardouche

Quit the program and then go to /Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and find the preference file for Mac the Ripper and throw it out. This should reset the program and hopefully that will fix it for you. Good Luck.

Hello !

I don't know which file it is that I must delete in the Preferences ? I'm new to the Mac World, I've had a Mac for about 1 year. I'm still learning. If you can tell me which file to delete I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your help !

Gardouche

More to the point, though... ->

Somewhere in /Users/yourusershortname/Library/Preferences/ you'll find a file (or two) containing the name "mactheripper", probably. I don't have it on my machines (I'm using handbrake to convert DVDs to Quicktime files), so I can't say what MTR's preference file is called exactly.

EDIT: Wow, I'm too friendly today... I installed MTR and searched for you. The file's called "com.mtr3.plist". Now I have to go outside on a sunny Sunday noon and kill a kitten or something to bring down my karma. :p

Last edited:
Your good Karma continues. Here it is 2 years later and your post just saved me from the same problem. You will have to go out and kill another kitten. Bruce

This issue just happened to me after an external backup from another system failed and upon reinstalling and migrating from the backup, I found MtR to not want to start either. What I found that worked, as removing the pref file and the licensing file didn't, was to reinstall the "CSS Library Installer.mpkg" package.

Back