MacUpdate

According to your own recommendation for Roarin apps.com that VMWare Fusion is Universal!
Yup, VMware has been updating their software. My concern in this situation was something a bit different: rather than being about support for Apple Silicon, it was that VMware's support for ARM-based Windows is nowhere near as good as the support from Parallels.

I'd used VMware Fusion for many years and it was good. When I saw the hoops I'd have to jump through to get ARM-based Windows up and running, though, it felt like having to do a hack. Parallels, by contrast, would simply download, install, and set it up for you, plus my memory was that it sounded like Parallels and Microsoft may have had some contact or agreement, whereas VMware seemed less engaged now.

Last edited:
Yup, VMware has been updating their software. My concern in this situation was something a bit different: rather than being about support for Apple Silicon, it was that VMware's support for ARM-based Windows is nowhere near as good as the support from Parallels.

I'd used VMware Fusion for many years and it was good. When I saw the hoops I'd have to jump through to get ARM-based Windows up and running, though, it felt like having to do a hack. Parallels, by contrast, would simply download, install, and set it up for you, plus my memory was that it sounded like Parallels and Microsoft may have had some contact or agreement, whereas VMware seemed less engaged now.

Well in classic form VMware to bought by Broadcom might have something to do about that!

Back