MacWidgets.net Countdown

phillryu

Registered
Hey guys,

Starting now, my upcoming website, MacWidgets.net, is displaying previews of our upcoming widgets as a teaser once a day.

The website's been the result of hard work by over a dozen talented individuals, especially of course our web programmers and artists. So, I hope some of the excitement we are feeling will rub off. ;)

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions about the site or post speculation here. We're really going to rock the Dashboard scene.

Countdown

Hey, really neat idea. This will surely make my widget browsing tons easier. How many do you think you'll have on the official launch day of the site?

Is konfabulator free? No. Is Dashboard free? Kinda...
Are konfab widgets free? Yes/ No. Are Dashboard widgets free? so far yes...

I think a really neat idea would be a free download a week kinda thing like iTunes does of one of the really neat widgets for the first month or two to promote the site, what do you think. You plan on offering RSS feeds?

Yes on RSS feeds.

Most of our widgets will be free, but we will be trying to sell one or two of them. However, yes, expect in general weekly free releases by our in-site development team.

FYI, the current one up (Echo) is the only one we are going to sell, but it is also going to be a -very- nice widget. ;)

What's 'Echo' all about then? It looks like a sort of PDA/iPod hybrid iTunes controller/calendar thingiemybob.

;) Well, we're not exactly the juggernaut that Apple is, are we? Heheh. But you guys should expect the site up on Monday for us.

Back