Macwold NY annoucement.. What do you think.........

What do you think will be the biggest, or most realistic announcement at MWNY.

• Flat Panel iMac

• Mac OS X 10.1

• New G4 Towers

• Updated G4 Powerbook

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've talked with some friends who are employed with companies who have access to recent builds. From what they've told me, they say they've seen recent builds, allegedly from the 10.1 tree, and that all the speed improvements we've been looking for in the interface are available, and that our socks are going to get knocked off. But it's still just heresay.

I like watching DVDs, but I'd much rather have them working on making the finder perform better than DVD playback. And I really want a more customizable interface. I want to be able to change command keys back to what they've always been (e.g. Cmd-N to create new folders, Cmd-M to create aliases).

I'd also like to see some faster dual-G4 hardware too.

I think it would be awesome if this was really true. Are you sure ur friends are reliable sources? i would love to see a speed increase especially on my G3. Ive used OS X on a single processor 533 G4 and it was amzingly fast. Oh yea by the way - Does anyone know of a way to take a processor out of one iMac and add it to another iMac? To make it a Dual Processor iMac? Thanks

This is my real opinion, not just wishful thinking:

top of the line G4s at ">1Ghz" or "+1Ghz"
bottom of the line at 733Mhz
new iMac with 15in Falt Panel (non-removable)

OS X 10.1:
DVD Support
Faster than OS 9 in all aspects
More driver support
Almost complete hardware support (apple hardware, that is)

Hoping for the best. Anyone else plan on going to it?

Originally posted by Matrix Agent
This is my real opinion, not just wishful thinking:

top of the line G4s at ">1Ghz" or "+1Ghz"
bottom of the line at 733Mhz
new iMac with 15in Falt Panel (non-removable)

OS X 10.1:
DVD Support
Faster than OS 9 in all aspects
More driver support
Almost complete hardware support (apple hardware, that is)

Hoping for the best. Anyone else plan on going to it?

Heading to the FinalCut 2.0 presession, then generally following an OSX path through the rest of the event.

Does anyone know how pervasive wireless connectivity will be at the event?

By trade im a network administrator for a school district using Macs on a Netware network. I attended Novell's Brainshare conference in March and they had wireless just about everywhere. I'll also be staying at the Hotel Pennsylvania.

Does anyone know of a way to take a processor out of one iMac and add it to another iMac? To make it a Dual Processor iMac?

the processor in intergrated in the mainboard, so the answer is no.:(

I can't wait to see what is released at Macworld..... My savings account is waiting for the chance to get a faster G4 with 10.1 one it :)

DJ XTC

Here is my official prediction:

1GHz G4s
Dual 733Mhz G4s
OSX 10.0.5 with DVD playback
New iMac "skins" & 100MHz clock speed increase
TiBooks with CDRW

Whadya think?

Originally posted by Fahrvergnuugen
1GHz G4s
Dual 733Mhz G4s
OSX 10.0.5 with DVD playback
New iMac "skins" & 100MHz clock speed increase
TiBooks with CDRW

I would say that is a very reasonable and possible prediction.:cool:

I am almost sure that 9.2 will be relesed at Macworld. It has Just hit the gold master stage and is ready for shipping.:D

One week left. Are you ready for it?

I hope OS X.1 is announced. I've been waiting for it.. Well, EVERYONE's been waiting for it.

I just hope that they don't charge us OS X.0 owners anything to upgrade. That'll make me extremely :mad: !

Hey, apple got those pictures removed from their web site... would someone mind telling me what they looked like? Also, if you feel so enclined, send me a picture...

I wish I could go to the convention.... Sucks to be a poor gu in Ohio... LOL

I would like to say that i think that pictures are completly fake. Just because they were pulled doesn't mean that apple made them do it. The pictures are still up at two sites. (there's a link to them at www.appleturns.com or I can e-mail them to you) We know whether these pictures are real or fake based on whether they are pulled by the end of today.....

.....and oh yeah, I'm going to the convention! my first one ever!.....No money to buy the new products!!!.....No Job!!!!

You see life is full of good things and bad things...

There is officially a 10.1 update floating around Carracho. Because i just made a Carracho Server tonight hoping to get some "extra" software. It's code named "Puma" and from what i saw of it, it's a huge upgrade, in fact it's a CD. I don't know what apple is up to or what Carracho is up to, but I really think that 10.1 will be released at MacWorld. The size of this thing is huge, 577 Mb to be exact. I saw many servers claiming to have this "update." Whatchya guys think?

I am hoping, nay gagging for an OS X update...

Things I would like to see in puma:

1. CD Burn/DVD Playback
2. Faster Finder(loads)
3. Update buttons for Apache versions - as in "Get latest version of apache"
4. Integrated "3rd party update watchers"
5. Configurable desktop & Dock fonts
6. More themes
7. The ability to tone down the aliasing done in the OS - this super aliasing makes my eyeballs hurt.
8. tabs in the dock - or some type of way to switch between a series of favoutrite dock settings, such as gfx apps, internet apps, games, favourites etc.

AND LOOSE THE SPINNING CD ICON!

There were some others, but it seems OS X Server addresses those 8) But that also means I will have to shell out some pounds for a copy of OS X Server.

Most of these are a long shot, but I guess we are entitled to wish for something...most importantly, I want speed improvements...MORE POWER!

iMac
On the side, I think a total overhaul of the iMac is critical to Apple at this stage, I hope that this "Terresa" model does appear. A colour change and speedbump is not going to increase sales, they need to blow us away.

G4
I still think the G4 has legs in it's design, it doesn't need an overhaul just yet. Processor upgrades are a must, with more MP options.

iBook
Perfect product - just a RAM upgrade required, so it can run OS X recommended requirements at entry level.

TiBook
CD-RW drive - Otherwise, also a perfect product.

G4 Server
I think introducing the cube as the server model has immense potential, it has a small footprint, and low power requirements - combined with the fact that it has so few "wires". What reason would someone want to add extra video cards etc into their server for, so pci limitation is no problem.

That's kinda like my wishlist - here's hoping I will be able to sleep for the next 2 days :)

Actually, I wanted to buy a cube to use as a server. I think it would rock. Maybe Apple has plans for something bigger...like a rack mount system. OSXS certainly has potential to be an enterprise level os... [heck, I would use it for anything the way it is]

Back