MacWorld SF...what to expect?

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
We've all heard various rumors about what may come to be at MacWorld SF. So far I've heard about:
*New iMac (possibly 19inch) and eMac models
*New iPod
*New iApp(s) (And possible upgrades to already exsiting iApps; e.i.: iTunes)
*Possibly a new processor (an upgraded G4?)
All this and along with some other tidbits of info. Has anyone else heard of whats to come or may come?:eek:

the new PowerPC (PPC 7457) processor is unlikely to make an entrance AT MWSF. We'll probably see the PowerMacs updated a month after the show. iMacs/eMacs will probably still use the 'normal' G4 PPC 7455.

heres a quote from looprumors.com (great site) that looks fun -
"12/23 – Just a little food for thought…Apple has been very tightlipped about their plans for the upcoming Macworld Expo. Being secretive is par for the course when it comes to Apple announcing new products, but this January, something’s cooking. There are several signs of a higher level of security than in Expos past. First and most important - Apple was adamant about participating in the January event, even though they have not committed to any future participation with Expo producer IDG. Apple needs a forum of this magnitude if they plan to make any substantial announcement. We’ve heard that the word around Infinite Loop is that nothing leaks this time - nothing. And we know that at last year’s introduction of the flat panel iMac, Steve Jobs criticized organizer’s poor planning for allowing Time magazine to ‘steal the bang’ from his keynote by distributing copies of the magazine sporting the new iMac on its cover - before it was introduced. Finally, we know that Jobs is well overdue for another innovative, groundbreaking announcement."
i want an iPhone!

So something great is gonna come out. Something no rumor site or source can give us. Something so big and grand that Jobs will not allow even a single drop of info to leak. Heh, I wonder what it is? Maybe they (Apple) have a new processor, I mean something no one was expecting at all. Or maybe they'll release Mac OS X for wintel computers....hmm........I remember reading somewhere that Apple was looking into it, but that was supposed to be when Microsoft introduced that Palludium or whatever that crap is (something about limiting users)...

WOZ.com will 'help everyday people finding everyday things'. i wonder when the 'undo' command will make it into the human brain. i want to spill milk on the floor and hit a big undo-button on my forehead, and 'wooosh!' - the milk's back in the bottle. :)

(have you ever hit apple-f when a friend of yours asked where the tv-remote was?)

I reckon it's time for a new iMac and iPod. (With colour and features and stuff)

It's time for a G4 iBook but it's not very likely since they just brought out the new iBooks. I'd like to see the new processor (whichever) this year but I don't think it will come at SF 'cause the new PMacs just came (well sortof).

It's probably time for new iMovie (it's been around for a long time) and a new iTunes. (Mp4)

Oh and it's time for a new Airport on one of the new protocols 802.11a??or g???:)

Originally posted by Stridder44
We've all heard various rumors about what may come to be at MacWorld SF. So far I've heard about:
*New iMac (possibly 19inch) and eMac models
*New iPod
*New iApp(s) (And possible upgrades to already exsiting iApps; e.i.: iTunes)
*Possibly a new processor (an upgraded G4?)
All this and along with some other tidbits of info. Has anyone else heard of whats to come or may come?:eek:

Here are the things I expect:

1) Faster iMac or Powermac at lower prices
2) powerbook or ibook with bluetooth
built in.
3) Tablet Mac (powerbook/ibook platform with the ability to enter data with a touchscreen pin).

I think the shrinkwrap Windows Version of OS X is a good possiblibty. It's is supposed to be bare bones, not able to run iApps. I also believe Steve will tell us about Apple's future chips. He may not have one yet, but he will get us excited about what is coming.

iPhone is also a good probability.

Rendezvous committments from companies. I want it with bluetooth in my car radio so I can play my iTunes or DVD sound from a laptop. There are a great amount of possiblities coming from these technologies and I think this expo will build upon them.

New iApps for sure!

I want updates to all big apps like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver. I think they are all full of little bugs that suck!

Ohh and we'll have to watch the magazine covers for the new hardware. Maybe Time will spill the beans again ;)

Twister

Well, Firewire 2 is ready to go this expo, I know that... some small company leaked it a few days ago by announcing that they are ready to ship a FW2.0/USB2.0 external drive case.

I doubt this would be the reason why Apple wants everything tight lipped... FW2 isn't exactly astonishing enough to keep too quiet about.

Originally posted by Krevinek
Well, Firewire 2 is ready to go this expo, I know that... some small company leaked it a few days ago by announcing that they are ready to ship a FW2.0/USB2.0 external drive case.

I doubt this would be the reason why Apple wants everything tight lipped... FW2 isn't exactly astonishing enough to keep too quiet about.
Unless they have nothing better and don't want to ruin the surprise.

http://www.macosx.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=187

This is my MWSF 03 guess. It will let you play your iTunes music through a stereo, your iPhoto slide shows on the TV, record movies like a TiVo. Show you who's calling when you are watching TV. Just kind of a pulling of the digital devices in your house together! Maybe it is wishful thinking, but it would be nice.

I don't know how many times I have people over and they want to listen to music then go into my small room to listen to my Mp3's. It would be nice to just play the songs on my stereo, from my computer!

Maybe I want to much, so I won't hold my breath! But I want!

Matthew

Originally posted by fryke
WOZ.com will 'help everyday people finding everyday things'. i wonder when the 'undo' command will make it into the human brain. i want to spill milk on the floor and hit a big undo-button on my forehead, and 'wooosh!' - the milk's back in the bottle. :)

(have you ever hit apple-f when a friend of yours asked where the tv-remote was?)

Some good books (and some not so good movies) have been written with this idea...

Back