Mail.app crash

Matsaki

Registered
Can any body see why my Mail.app is crashing?

dump.jpg

It because of all your hardware hacking.:eek:(only kidding)

Try to delete Mail's preferences and re-setup the connection to the IMAP server.

I think there is some thing more complicated going on as also my System Preferences crashes with similar errors. Now I have a new error when the Email.app was crashing :(

dump2.jpg

Today, my mail started crashing every time i opened it and tried to create a new message (or do anything else for that matter) and my crash messages looked very similar to yours. I just went to Disk Utility and Repaired Permissions and now everything is back to normal.

i then also rebuilt all my mailboxes with Mailbox --> Rebuild just for good measure, but i'm 99% certain that repairing permissions did the trick.

Gaaaah!
Looks like it's one of my fonts that causes the crashes. I tried Font Doctor without success so how the hll will I find out what font it is crashing my system now?!?

Disable all the fonts that didn't come with Mac OS X, or use Font Book to validate them.

Disable all, enable half. See if it occurs, until you can always do them half by half.
So e.g. 2000 fonts > 1000 fonts > 500 fonts > 250 fonts > 125 fonts...

Thanks I will work on it. Since the first Mac OS X there has always been a problem between some strange crashes and fonts.

Back