Mail.app not changing from "Sent" to "Sending"

jpollock

Registered
Hello all,

When using mail.app on a MacBook and sending a message, the folder "Sent" changes temporarily to "Sending ..." and displays a spinning progress wheel, and eventually it changes back to "Sent" once I hear the "whoosh" indicating the mail successfully went out. However, when using Mail.app on a PowerBook G4 and sending a message, the "Sent" folder does not change at all, although I'll hear the "whoosh" sound when the message ultimately gets sent out. Is there a way to fix this? I know one can use the separate "Activity Viewer" window, but that's not convenient.

Cheers,
John

On the PowerBook G4, for each account's settings in the Preferences under "Accounts," do you have your accounts set up to save sent mail in the "Sent" folder?

I actually wasn't (and am still not) aware that it was actually possible to change where sent items were saved. I don't see any settings in the "Accounts" area that would allow this to be changed. But in any case, messages I send do get saved in the "Sent" folder.

Mail > Preferences > Accounts > (highlight account) > Mailbox Behaviors > "Store sent messages on the server"

Is this option properly configured for your account? Also, is this a POP or an IMAP account?

The option you're referring to isn't available under "Mailbox behaviour" (this is Mail 2.1.3 on an OS X 10.4.11 machine). The only option there related to sent messages is "Erase copies of sent messages when:"

It's a POP account.

Cheers,
John

Back