Mail Client

vickivon

Registered
Good Morning all.
I'm trying to figure out why my Mail client is no longer downloading my email. I'm running OS 10.6.8 on a 7 yr. old mac and never had this problem before. I've tried re-entering my password and even created a new password thru Gmail.com with no luck. Should I just delete the application and download it again? Can I even do that? lol Any suggestions?

Sounds as if something change in your GMail. By the way do you connect via POP server setup or an IMAP setup? In Mail what did the Mail's menu item 'Window', then 'Connection Doctor' tell you? It will let you know what Mail is trying to do connecting the the email server.

Good Morning all.
I'm trying to figure out why my Mail client is no longer downloading my email. I'm running OS 10.6.8 on a 7 yr. old mac and never had this problem before. I've tried re-entering my password and even created a new password thru Gmail.com with no luck. Should I just delete the application and download it again? Can I even do that? lol Any suggestions?

Thank you for your response. I connect 'income mail server': pop.gmail.com; 'outgoing mail server': smpt.gmail.com
Those types of windows you asked about don't appear on my mac. The 'wheel' just keeps spinning like it's trying to bring in my new emails, but then just stops, with no email retrieved.

The outgoing mail server should be smtp.gmail.com rather than what you have. Using the corrected settings, you should set your protocol to POP3 on the Gmail.com website.

Back