Mail draft box not showing drafts

ndorman

Registered
I have several drafts in my draft box, but cannot get to them. When I select the box, nothing shows up. It says there are 32 in there. This has been going on for a few weeks, so its nothing new, just that I need to get to a couple of those drafts to find info I was going to send to customers.

I've tried rebuilding, but it won't let me select that. I've tried reading the posts, but haven't found anything that matches what is going on with my problem.

I'm using a powerbook g4 with leopard, current on updates. Thanks for any help.

Well first lets reindex your Mail. First of quit Mail. Quit Mail then open Terminal (/Applications/Utilties/Terminal) and type (you can use copy & paste):

sqlite3 ~/Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index vacuum index;

This will reindex Mail and maybe it will help. If this doesn't work write down all the email server settings first (this is important because the next step will reset the Mail preferences) then go to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and find the file com.apple.mail.plist. and delete it. Lastly reset Mail , put in your email settings and hopefully this will fix your problems.

Good luck.

Back