Mail has gone mad

kanecorp

Registered
Mail has decided to no longer work. I can open it for a few seconds until it unexpectedly quits.
I have repaired permissions, restarted, and deleted the plists. All that has done for me is deleted all my Mail mailboxes and settings, I re-entered all of it in the wizard, and behold, the same problem again. Once the wizard closed 1 email quickly made it through and then it crashed.
I"m fresh out of ideas and I really need mail working.
I have 3 accounts i typically have in mail and cannot stand using the web interface at 3 different sites all day long.

ANy ideas?
Thanks a lot

Well if you calm down and mosey over to MacFixit.com today (September 13, 2005) they speak about this.

From MacFixIt:

Downgrading to QuickTime 7.0.1 Apple has now posted a package that will remove QuickTime 7.0.2 and re-install QuickTime 7.0.1 for users experiencing significant issues with the new release.

The 21 MB package is available as a standalone download from Apple's Web site.

Causing problems with Mail.app? It appears that in some cases, the installation of QuickTime 7.0.2 is causing problems with the operation of Mail.app.

A number of users report that Mail.app's toolbar becomes visually corrupt, messages do not open properly, and other issues.

Since you've already deleted the mailboxes once, delete the Mail folder in the user>library, then the plist file again, then delete the Mail application and install a new one. If you're using Tiger, just do a Custom install, otherwise use Pacifist to extract from earlier systems.

Satcomer said:
Well if you calm down and mosey over to MacFixit.com today (September 13, 2005) they speak about this.
Thanks for your sugguestion but this did not fix the problem.
Also, you may not want to tell people to "calm down," its extremely obnoxious.

Back