Mail Issues

scooterdude

Registered
I have been able to solve my mail issues in this mornings post by downloading the software update for OSX, a new cache, a new mail plist.

My mail window shows all the messages, but I cannot get the bottom half to sow the selected message. I don't have the separator bar to double click on to open up that message in the message viewer.

ANy suggestions?

thanks

Jonathan in Denver

When you have Mail open you will see in the main windows a bar at the bottom of the window (with a small center dimple). Just move you mouse to the bottom of the window and it will turn into double arrowed pointer with a line through it. Just click and hold down your mouse button and drag the bar up to show the message preview pane.

Thanks

But the problem is that I don't have the bar with dimple. I hve tried many ways to see that bar and it is just not at the bottom of the main window. I assume that wht you mnean by the main window is any of the open mailbox windows for my acccounts.

Jonathan

Grab the bottom left right hand side of the viewer window and make it bigger. After you do this does the message preview bar appear now?

I have tried all the obvious including what you mentioned. No bar to resize.

BTW I am running OS 10.4.9

Jonathan in Denver

Have you click on the top right red button then goto Mail's "file" menu and select "New Viewer Window"? Does this bring up a new viewer that have the preview window bar?

The drastic thing to do is mosey over to /YourHardDrive/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist and drag it to the desktop. Launch Mail again and see if you can get the preview pane.

Hi

Yes I deleted the plist and we are good to go. Created new accounts from screen shots, so ano brainer.

However.....

Sometime ago I installed a Apple Mail app that allows the message viewer to be read vertically with the inbox on the left of the screen and the selected message on the right. that is what I am back to now. Can't remember the name of this app or its location. Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan in Denver

Any Mail add-on is installed in /YourHardDrive/YourUserName/Library/Mail/Bundles . Look in there for Letterbox.mailbundle or something along that line.

Back