Mail not working

raz54

Registered
My mac mail has stopped working. First I couldn't get any emails and it kept asking for my password and now it won't send emails either and it constantly keeps asking for my password which is very irritating. I did the key chain repair (it said all is fine) and that hasn't helped. What could be causing this and how can I repair it?

Quit Mail and find the Keychain Access entry for you email servers and delete them. Then in Mail put in you email server password when asked and that should be the last time.

Good Luck.

I tried that too and it didn't change, it still keeps asking for the password. It used to do this when I was running Tiger but just once in a while and not too long then when I went to Leopard it stopped doing it, at least the first 4 months now it's worse than ever. Before the mail still worked but would ask for the password now it's not working at all.

Finally found out why. My isp recently changed their password demands wanting more letters and numbers without bothering to tell me! My password was no good so it wouldn't let me in. What I don't get is why at first it let me read my emails but I couldn't send any then a little later it wouldn't let me access it at all.

Quit Mail and find the Keychain Access entry for you email servers and delete them. Then in Mail put in you email server password when asked and that should be the last time.

It did not work!
waaaa.gif

This suddenly arose today. I also notice a problem with iTunes crashing which I fixed, but you know there is no such thing as coincidences!

Sorry to
exclamation.gif
the thread, but I figured this is the place to put it. It is for a hotmail account--specifically to the "pop3.live.com" server.

I have noticed the problem before if I have traveled, but now it is happening continuously. I did as you suggested, it worked for a bit, started again.

When I close the Mail program and reopen it, it will work fine initially, then demand the password again.

--J.D.

Back