Mail outgoing list

infinityBBC

Registered
does anyone know how to edit the outgoing email list in Mail? i wish Apple had put a "remove" option in the GUI! i'm assuming there is some text file which hold this info that can be edited, but it's not easy for me to find... nothing seems apparent in the Mail Pref's folder of my home directory. any ideas??? thanks!

Outgoing email list? Like the list of servers in there or the list of recipients when you write a new email?

Either way, there's ways to remove them. To remove unused SMTP servers in 10.2.8, see here: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107425

To remove them in 10.3, go to Mail Preferences, click on "Account Information" tab, pull down the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):" tab and select "Edit Server List." You can remove servers that way.

If you're talking about removing the auto-complete names thing for certain emails in your outgoing mails, that would be different. I'd have to research that a bit.

yes - the list of servers is what i was refering to.

i appreciate the info, but after reading it, i think i'll just wait until i upgrade to Panther! i'm glad to hear that Apple addresssed this issue!

Back