Mail sending emails as attachments

TheBrane

Registered
Hi there. I found earlier that someone else had this issue and was instructed to remove a com.apple.mail file from their preferences folder. I took that advice but unfortunately I do not have this file listed anywhere. I even did a search for it and come up with nothing.

Basically my emails are being sent to people as attachments rather than an email as such. And if I reply or forward an email they will often get 10 attachments because of what is already in the email from previous emails. I'm using this computer and this program for my business and it really is becoming a hindrance. Is there any solution to this?

I look forward to hearing from...anybody.

Thank you kindly.

Adam.

.... Is there any solution to this?

A solution to what? You described a desire, you described a situation, but you did not describe a problem.

Asking how to email 10 emails is like asking how to email 10 word processing documents or 10 graphic images:
  1. Save each email as a file.
  2. Attach them to your main email.
  3. Address and send.
Am I missing something? The caveat is that it is possible that your email client may store messages in proprietary format that your recipients' clients don't understand.

You are missing something I'm afraid MisterMe. The problem is clearly stated that my emails are being sent as attachments, not emails. Why does it send the text message as an attachment instead of an email? No text is posted in the message. Only added to the message as an attachment. I'm not sure how else to explain this. I appreciate your reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Hi djackmac.

Well the fact still remains that I need to have the previous emails in the message for review in my industry. And even then my signature actually sends as an attachment also. And now I've found that some people are not getting the emails because they are being blocked due to either the attachment or the message format. This application is not really working for me I'm afraid, which is disappointing because I wanted to remain faithful to everything Mac. But I think I may have to switch to Outlook if that's even possible. Do you have any other suggestions by chance.

Thanks for your help thus far though.

The Brane.

Could it have something to do with composing emails in rich text or HTML?

Check under Mail > Preferences > Composing > Message Format:

Back