Mailman - lists admin password

tiburm

Registered
Hi,

- I use mailman to administrate my email lists

- I need absolutly change the Admin Lists password

- I used the command: change_pw in my /bin Mailman directory, all was OK, I can use my new password for alla the lists but

My old password work too, do you know why? I change the root password too ( the same) but doesnt work, now the old password and the new one worked Help plz

Don't double-post. It doesn't get you an answer any quicker -- it only serves to annoy those that may have answered you in the first place.

What is the exact "change_pw" command that you issued (replace the password with asterisks for security reasons, of course)?

Did you use the "-a" switch to specify that you wanted to change the password for ALL lists?

I used:

sudo /usr/share/mailman/bin/change_pw -a -p ********

I receive at email notification with the new password for all the lists, the new password work perfectly, but my old password work too ???

txs
Tiburm

Have you performed a reboot and/or restarted the Mailman process in the interim? Perhaps the process requires a restart for passwords to take effect (although this would be silly, methinks!), and somehow the old password has been "cached."

I stop and run the Mailman Lists from Adm Server, but nothing changed, the old password work again

Do you know the command line to restart de mailman in the terminal window?

Txs,
Tiburm

Back