Making music?

Paul C

Registered
Hi guys, I'm interested in making some music, nothing too complicated at first but just see how it goes, I'm into Hip Hop and would like to just make beats at first, does anyone know any good programs?

And when you feel for going a step further, get a synthesizer, a USB midi/audio interface and Cubase SX ;)

Am I the only person alive who can't figure Reason out? I have no real audio experience, and just lookin' at the thing makes me sick. Is there a nice tutorial anywhere that will walk an absolute newbie through creating a simple song?

- Brian

Ooo, thanks much, but ... meh. Complicated stuff freaks me out. I'll just have to wait until Easy Beat is ported to OS X. :(

- Brian

OH.......... MY............. GOD........ I've just got the demo version of Reason 2 and I am soooooo confused, I just don't know what to do first cos their are so many buttons and stuff :eek:

Music is more complicated to make than to listen.

Hip-Hop... what about learning percs ? Train your voice ? Work out turntablism ? etc.

"Music is more complicated to make than to listen."

Ain't that the truth! Everybody wants to make music these days but people don't realize the pain, effort, study and above all time it takes to do it properly.
Composing music from scratch is a craft. If you want instant gratification forget it.

Reason really isn't that complicated to use... Samplers (the panel things) play their sounds and the effects (other panel things) modify the sound. Just play around with it, play some of the demo songs and mess with the effects.

In another vein, toast's and Meltdown's comments are absolutely (and obviously) true! I play bass guitar and Arabic `ud (stringed instrument like a lute), and I'm not amazing, but I practice usually an hour a day per instrument. I love to practice, I don't find it taxing or arduous at all. Proficiency takes practice and dedication, if you want to make music and do it well, just work at it, and you'll find your talent...you'll find that playing around in Reason will become more and more intuitive and you'll lose hours sitting in front of it, tweaking everything to your masterpiece.

Back