Malware and Badware... What to do?

Imagine

Registered
Hi,

I received a message from Google that there is malware/badware on my website. I don't know how that got there, but I'm assuming someone tried to hack into it. I did write Google and they are looking into this problem, but in the meantime, how do I prevent hackers from getting into my website?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
-Dean

My hosting service said there wasn't anything they could do. I thought it was their job to make sure our web-sites are protected somehow.

WHAT IS THE WEBSITE! I'ved asked because I need to have a look at the warning then I know the solution to it.

The site is: www.abbeylanerecords.com

Try using Firefox to view.

Very strange, I went to it using Safari and it loads ok, went to Firefox and the claim is that badware.org

What I suggest you do is look at the code on the website, get in contact with Google, or worse case scenario, move providers - because obviously something has happened in the past, and the whole of the domain has been labelled badware as a result.

I've checked it in FF 3.0.1 and I get the "attack site" warning as well. Checking in Camino just allows it to go through. I can only imagine that maybe the website might have been compromised in some way, maybe through a cross-site scripting vulnerability?

What I find odd is that last night, I removed the files from the server all together and uploaded "fresh" files, so to speak, and the message still appears. I think Google has to approve the site before they can remove the "attack site" message.

Hi midijeep, I purchased this web-site on line for $60. It's Flash and something I'm not familiar with. Where would the java script be?

Thanks!
-Dean

Back