Margaret Cho, bashes Windows.

evildan

Super Moderator
Comedian Margret Cho, bashes Windows in a recent interview on TechTV. She uses her Mac to keep in touch fans while on the road.

For those that don't subscribe/watch the show, here's a link to the page where you can find the video interview.

TechTV BitChat Page.

After clicking on the link above, click on the picture of Margret Cho.

Originally posted by evildan
Comedian Margret Cho, bashes Windows in a recent interview on TechTV. She uses her Mac to keep in touch fans while on the road.

For those that don't subscribe/watch the show, here's a link to the page where you can find the video interview.

TechTV BitChat Page.

After clicking on the link above, click on the picture of Margret Cho.
That episode was a rerun:eek: But it was just as good the second time I saw it:D

she didn't even dis windows she just (spoiler) walked out (end spoiler). and it wasn't even that funny! am i missing something? mabye it's just not my kind of dis...

The look on Morgan's face was worth the watch. If you ever seen the Screen Savers on Tech TV and you'll understand that she does not like the Macintosh platform. On the Screen Savers Morgan almost went ballistic when Patrick first got his Mac.

IMHO Miss Cho seemed to be miffed that Tech TV (Morgan) went against her conditions for the interview.

Those Screensaver gals (Morgan especially)... man, do they need to make a trip to the salon and get the ol unibrows waxed... Jeeshhh... I know they're supposed to be "cool geeky girls", but they're on TV, and those caterpillars just are too much too bear...

But I digress...

Margaret Cho is a riot... Her guest spot on Sex and the City last season was hilarious.

Yeah, I guess this was more of a TechTV "inside" joke then anything else. But I have to admit, seeing her walk out of the interview made me laugh. Something about an interview being cut off due to the interviewer just mentioning Windows makes me laugh.

I also have to give credit to The Screen Savers for playing it fair in the OS department. Leo uses a mac as well as a pc, and if there's a macintosh solution they most always mention it. It's a good show.

wow. amazing. so let me get this straight...

you will download/use windows technology to bash windows? the tech tv junk is in windows mp format. you people are weird.

and hypocritical.

take it easy cf25, there's no need to start name calling.

It's not hypocritical to use windows technology to bash windows. In fact there's humor in that.

Yes it was staged, I watched the episode, Megan's facial expression was clearly contrived. But it still was funny.

Uhuh, she was mocking the insanely elitist mac user. my bet is that she does not even own a mac. She's a real comedian.

Originally posted by cf25
wow. amazing. so let me get this straight...

you will download/use windows technology to bash windows? the tech tv junk is in windows mp format. you people are weird.

and hypocritical.

I guess it is using the wmp format for streaming video... but you can still watch it without any MS software.

Steve Jobs said and did the same thing a few years ago. It was after a keynote and the interview was made by MSNBC i think. It wasn't the word "Windows" that triggerd jobs though (but I could have). So it was a prank of that. I think it was after a keynote in SF. Anyone here know more details about this? It has slipped my mind :(

I would have looked at it, but I simply refuse to install WiMP on my mac. I'm not a hypocrite, I don't think, but I'm also not a big fan of Margaret Cho. I'll agree from what I've seen from her in the past that she's mad at everything, and that she's not that funny. At least not in the subtle forms of humor I prefer.

theed: you're not missing much ;)
Honestly, I installed Windows Media Player especially to see that. I wish I hadn't now. I can't uninstall it because it wasn't drag and drop, the plugin doesn't work with Safari, I have to use IE, and if it needs WMP to play, it isn't worth seeing! :D
I'm going to see if I can remove it now, I really don't want any M$ crap on here :)

I saw the interview with Steve Jobs on CNBC with the reporter Bruce Francis. Steve was upset about a question Francis asked about the search for a new CEO of Apple. At the time Steve was only acting CEO. He was offended because he felt that he had an agreement with the network that there would be no questions asked about this subject.

When asked about it Steve said something very similar to what Margaret Cho said and behaved in a similar manner. He removed his mic and walked out on the interview. She was doing a parody of that interview. She was not making fun of Apple users and from what I gathered from the interview with Morgan she really does use Apple's products.

Interestingly, it was not long after that interview that Bruce Francis left CNBC.

Back