Maya 7 on Intel? Does it work

kanecorp

Registered
I just got Maya 7 and installed it on my Intel iMac. However, it crashes on launch. Is it possible this PPC app happens to be one of those programs that rosetta can't help?
Anyone know?
Thanks
Suggestions?
Also what other application can I buy that does the same thing if I can't get Maya working?
Thanks a lot

Ok - I can't get it to run at all!
Anyone have an suggestions for another app I can purchase?
Thanks

Really? I've run Maya 7 on a MacBook Pro as well as a MacBook n00b. Granted, it's not very fast at rendering, and it slows down significantly for complex scenes (>20,000 polys), but it does work.

The MacBook n00b actually renders just as fast as the Pro at the same chip speed--it's all CPU-bound. The only problem is that its integrated graphics cars is unable to render shaded previews. Otherwise, it's fine!

Can you please tell me how did you install it.
thanks.

I installed it like any other Maya install. The installer itself is the default Apple-supplied one and is as such already Universal. The installation process did not differ from any other standard Maya installation one bit, except for the fact that I had to crack it to get it licensed.

Mind you, I've purchased and use a legal copy for my own use, and since this install was simply a test that I deleted once I verified that it worked, I don't consider what I did to be terribly immoral.

Anyway, it was otherwise exactly the same as a normal, everyday install. If you're having trouble installing it, then I'd hazard a guess that you'd have trouble installing it normally with a PPC system. What exactly is the problem? Can you not install it, or is it unusable once it's there?

Now, I've not tested it with an iMac, but as the internals for the MacBook Pro and the iMac are largely the same (processor, GPU, etc), I'm having a hard time thinking o a way that it wouldn't work.

thanks 4 answering. Theres no problem 4 instalying it, the problem appears when im opening the program, there appears a message that says that it canot open it.
im installing it on a macbook 15inches intel core duo.
i dont think that theres a problem with the license that is different for intel o power pc.

thanks 4 answering. Theres no problem 4 instalying it, the problem appears when im opening the program, there appears a message that says that it canot open it.
im installing it on a macbook 15inches intel core duo.
i dont think that theres a problem with the license that is different for intel o power pc.

What exactly does the message say? I installed it on an identical machine with no trouble.

Does anyone have "step-by-step", easy to follow (for simple artist folk like me) instructions on how to install Maya and get the license up and running. I'm not going to lie, I don't have a purchased copy ONLY because I'm in the Maya program at school and I'll be using it there. And spending $10,000 for six months, I don't have the cash to spring for the legit copy.

Anyways, I'm running OSX 10.4.8 and on an intel machine. I have Maya 7 and I keep on getting errors when installing.

RegisterPkg Error:
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Alias/Uninstaller/RegisterPkg.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib-dynload /_sqlite.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Application Support/Alias/Uninstaller/RegisterPkg.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib-dynload /_sqlite.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture
See the Console for a detailed traceback

I try following instructions and read-me's but they are written for programers.
Thanks.

Thanks Sladuuch. It's similar to another I found except that I don't have Virtual PC or Boot Camp. I guess that's the next step.

Back