MBP goes to sleep on power adaptor

maccam

Registered
Hello members
My MBP goes off to sleep while I work in the VM(Fusion,XP). I tried different settings without success.
I run the machine for 95% of the time on the power adapter with once a week draining the battery before loading again.
It is very annoying that I have to go manually across(locked in mouse) to the osx and knock the space bar to be able to continue on the VM.
Would someone be able to help me on that?
Thanks

Isn't that the expected behavior, then? If the computer is set to sleep in the Energy Saver preference pane, then why is it a surprise when the computer goes to sleep?

Or is it that your computer is suddenly going to sleep while you're still actively using it?

Isn't that the expected behavior, then? If the computer is set to sleep in the Energy Saver preference pane, then why is it a surprise when the computer goes to sleep?

Or is it that your computer is suddenly going to sleep while you're still actively using it?
Thanks
Yes it goes suddenly to sleep while working in the VM.

Strange... are you using the VM full-screen? I'm thinking somehow the activity going on inside the VM (mouse movements, typing, etc.) are being "captured" by the VM and OS X is unaware that there is activity going on... or something... I'm stumped.

That is strange... I see a lot of discussion elsewhere about Mac OS X not sleeping automatically when Fusion is running a VM, but nothing about the opposite of that, like you're experiencing.

If you set the Mac to not sleep in Energy Saver, does it still auto-sleep when you're working in the VM? When the Mac does go to sleep, how do you wake it? Key press? Mouse movement? Forced restart?

If you haven't done so already, you may want to set your VM's power settings (Windows XP, I assume?) to never sleep, since the VM shouldn't be doing any power saving routines at all... no display sleep, no hibernate, no system sleep, etc... in other words, an "Always On" power saving scheme.

Strange... are you using the VM full-screen? I'm thinking somehow the activity going on inside the VM (mouse movements, typing, etc.) are being "captured" by the VM and OS X is unaware that there is activity going on... or something... I'm stumped.

That is strange... I see a lot of discussion elsewhere about Mac OS X not sleeping automatically when Fusion is running a VM, but nothing about the opposite of that, like you're experiencing.

If you set the Mac to not sleep in Energy Saver, does it still auto-sleep when you're working in the VM? When the Mac does go to sleep, how do you wake it? Key press? Mouse movement? Forced restart?

If you haven't done so already, you may want to set your VM's power settings (Windows XP, I assume?) to never sleep, since the VM shouldn't be doing any power saving routines at all... no display sleep, no hibernate, no system sleep, etc... in other words, an "Always On" power saving scheme.
Thanks for your patience
I am using the VM in ;single window mode
The mouse is in captured mode as I have a five button mouse(CAD). Though that has been working for a year now. I also suspect this being the reason(as I changed to wireless mouse at approx. the same time the problem started).
Also changed the energy settings now for adapter; to never sleep. The effect being it just runs the screen saver after 15min.
Waking up was to press on the space bar(on the MBP.)

Back