McD to give away 1 billion iTMS songs

Woo hoo! Now all we have to do is drink a bunch of sugar water (Pepsi) and get ourselves REAL big and fat eating the crap from McDonald's to get our free songs!

It sounds like Steve wants to put so much weight on the consumers that they physically CAN'T get up from in front of their Macs!

I agree wholeheartedly that this will, without a doubt, raise awareness of the iTMS and possibly convert a few more Windows people. It's too bad it had to be done with junk food and candy, though. I understand that McDonald's is like the Microsoft of the fast food world, and getting the name out there is job number one, but Apple is using people's vices and bad habits to get new customers.

This IS big for Apple, though. They barely have to spend a dollar advertising the iTMS because Pepsi and McDonald's are doing all the advertising for them! Brilliant, in my opinion.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I agree wholeheartedly that this will, without a doubt, raise awareness of the iTMS and possibly convert a few more Windows people. It's too bad it had to be done with junk food and candy, though. I understand that McDonald's is like the Microsoft of the fast food world, and getting the name out there is job number one, but Apple is using people's vices and bad habits to get new customers.
Geez, dude... That's pretty judgemental of you. Vices and bad habits? How 'bout stuff to eat and drink? Man...

Perhaps that was a little judgemental -- I guess from takinga new healthy attitude in my life that I've realized how bad the stuff I've been putting into my body is.

I apologize, that was a little judgemental of me. But I still stand strong in my statement that Apple is giving away songs with crap food and sugar water. It's a good promotion, it'll probably do Apple a lot of good to get the name out there.

Hey, not everything at McD's is complete crap, nowadays... they have that McSalad menu with all sorts of other, less greasy, things to buy. So as long as they still offer the songs with relatively healthy foods, I think I'll visit McDonald's once they start this. :-D

So, the marketing works. I am now going to buy Pepsi and Sierra Mist I wouldn't normally drink, and my salad-eating will now take place at McD's.

Such a song-junkie.

What a pity McDonalds uses beef extract in their fries. Hm, music .. maybe I'll go back to their yogurt ice creams. Those weren't bad.. :)

Love their fries.
Kentucky Fried Chicken will be next, and now they're saying their Fried Chicken is healthy :)

AFAIK McDonalds has never offered any of their "games" or "give-a-ways" with their healthier items...

i for one will not be getting any free songs, i do not drink soda, or eat fast food... so what about all of us healthy hippy apple users?

Heh, my point exactly, Jason...

This is a little off-topic, but for us "green" people, Apple has always touted the power consumption of their machines as earth-friendly, since they used 1/2 to 1/3 the power of comparable Wintel machines... now that they've gone IBM on the G5s, our power consumption has risen a great deal... almost on par with Wintel machines... just a thought.

McDonald's: No Deal To Announce

Approved/Edited by arn on Thursday November 06, 2003 01:58 PM
from the rumors dept.

MacMinute notes a statement from McDonald's regarding today's rumor about the McDonald's and iTunes giveaway.

According to McDonalds, "There are no agreements to announce, so anything else is pure speculation."

McDonald's goes on to say that they are continuing to pursue "bold new initiatives in the areas of music, sports, fashion and entertainment" and that news can be expected in the coming weeks to months.

-mac rumors

YES, IT STARTS! APPLE'S WORLD DOMINATION PLAN IS NOW TAKING PLACE!

Hehe, I'm so happy I feel like crying! :) :) :) :)

[EDIT: I like McDonalds. Not super-like, but it's not bad. Admit it...you all eat it every once-in-a-while too! :)]

im eatinh a mcchicken with fries, a coke, and a double cheese burger as i am typing this (with an external keyboard, just in case, dont wanna spill it on the PB's keyboard...

Mickey D's has really gone down hill. The food is terrible now, I only eat the Double Cheese Burger - onions. Back in the late 80s, Mc D was the best, now, it is just disappointing that this once great restaurant has fallen as it has. I still know the MCD song, I recall the original Ronald... my nephews gets these crappie Happy Meal toys. Wendy's has taken the McD spot for tops, and I don't think McD will regain that slot anytime soon.

Considering all that.. i guess i will stop by mCD if i could get a free song.

Heh...being only 20...my first job was at McDs when i was 14 until i was about 15 or 15 1/2. God....after working there.....you just don't want to eat there anymore, trust me on this ;) But apple is doing the right thing is this rumor is true....they have to get the word out there and convert more people, before Bill Gates and the Majestic 12 gain enough power to take over the world. :rolleyes:

lol, i think if you work in any restaurant you feel that way. My first job when i was 16 was at Burger King, and I don't eat there to this day, some 7 years later.

Yeah....that first fastfood job always ends up tainting people. I just can't eat there.....i get sick when i'm in the radius of a mcdonalds, heh. :p

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Perhaps that was a little judgemental -- I guess from takinga new healthy attitude in my life that I've realized how bad the stuff I've been putting into my body is.

I apologize, that was a little judgemental of me. But I still stand strong in my statement that Apple is giving away songs with crap food and sugar water. It's a good promotion, it'll probably do Apple a lot of good to get the name out there.
No problem, it just sounded a little over the top. :)

As long as we're talking about eating habits, I used to like McDonald's, but they kept getting my order wrong. Plus the one I used to stop at stopped offering free waters (they wanted to charge for the bottled water) Then I really fell in love with Wendys - super fast food, big 'n juicy (or greasy, depending on who you ask). Now, I loooove Arby's. Mmm... Beef and Chedder...

When I was younger, I loved McDonalds.

Now that I'm 24, I find I prefer Wendys.

But, this promo (if true) will definitely have me going in and getting some food.
Thank goodness McD sells Coke (and not Pepsi like Burger King) I had mixed emotions with the Pepsi deal. Great that iTMS is getting media coverage. Sucks it has to be Pepsi.

(Sorry if this starts a Pepsi vs. Coke flame war - but we all know Coke is better. hehe. J/k)

This doesn't start a flame war as long as you can accept that I'm a Pepsi One drinker (called 'Pepsi Max' in Switzerland) and proud of it. :p (We all know that Pepsi is better since we took the 'Pepsi Test' in the 80s.)

I look at it like this, best cola, Pepsi, best cherry cola, Coke. I drink more cherry coke than anything. But Sprite remix is really growing on me strong.

I got the taste for some Wendy's, maybe as we age, our tastes are becoming more refined, because i didn't care much for Wendy's till I guess my 3rd year of college.

Back