Merry Christmas everyone

Yeah, but I suddenly feel stressed. ;) Although I've bought the presents for my girlfriend today, so that's settled. But what about all the jobs I still have to do until Christmas? Hm? Before I had _ten_ days, which was an enormous amount of time. But now I only have 10 days left, which is an unreasonably short time to do all this stuff! ;)

I find it funny how athiests don't want God to be a part of anything in the US, yet they still celebrate Christmas :rolleyes:

Anyways, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/etc :) I have 8 people in my family I have to purchase gifts for every year... and as a college student that ain't easy :(

Nope they don't ;) I call it Xmas, the futurama way ...
besides - xmas was celebrated before they invented the christianity - thousands of years ago, far in the North, before the electrical lights, it made sense to celebrate the darkest day of the year .. so once that w as survived, the days were getting longer again. Romans celebrated it as well, but to make them celebrate it on the christian way, some emperors of theirs changed the description of WHY that celebration existed, so the later generations would still celebrate it but would add a more religious / christian thinking to it.

I will be celebrating.. my guy coming back home. ;) from abroad, where ever that is for now..

Nadolig Llawen a Flwyddyn Newydd Dda (Welsh for ... well you know what).

Has anybody tried www.vladstudio.com? Great for desk tops and e-cards (some good Xmas ones).

Also try getting your girlfriend/boyfriend Issa Bagayoga's Timbuktu album (see iTunes). Not his most recent, but a great album.

And for goodness sakes, try Henkell Mankell's Inspector Wallander series of detective novels (forget Dan Brown).

kainjow said:
I find it funny how athiests don't want God to be a part of anything in the US, yet they still celebrate Christmas :rolleyes:

Yeah... I'm an atheist too though... And I DON'T celebrate Xmas! :p

There's not one Xmas decoration in my appartment and I don't give presents to anyone except my mom, because otherwise she would kill me ;), and my bro, because he's only 14 – Wow! :confused: Kids grow up so fast! OK! No present for him this year either! :D

kainjow said:
¡Feliz Navidad! y esta es un duplicato :D

The page was getting no-where... thought the reply didn't work :D

As an atheist friend of mine says, "God doesn't exist, but he does punish!" :D

As I explained to my six year old daughter the other day, Joseph and Mary couldn't find a single inn in Bethlehem to rest for the night and ended up in a stable. She replied, well what do you expect at Xmas time?

rhisiart said:
As I explained to my six year old daughter the other day, Joseph and Mary couldn't find a single inn in Bethlehem to rest for the night and ended up in a stable. She replied, well what do you expect at Xmas time?
hehe nice :)

Enjoy your winter solstice!
Good Saturnalia to all!
Praise the Invincible Sun!

:D

... oh, and: Happy "change-the-calendar day"!

;)

Back