Microsoft Access ODBC drivers

xplicit

Registered
hi guys,
i'm trying to connect to a microsoft access db that i created on my mac via a java application...i know there is an ODBC manager tool in mac os x...but how do i get the drivers necessary drivers? tks

Right here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...odbcjetmicrosoft_desktop_database_drivers.asp

[Edit: I thought that was it, but trudging through the links, I never found an actual download link... sorry! I'm still looking!]

Here's a versiontracker.com page with all sorts of ODBC drivers -- it looks as though quite a few are commercial products, though. Maybe ODBC drivers aren't cheap? I don't know...

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php?mode=basic&action=search&str=odbc&plt[]=macosx&x=13&y=8

i use microsoft's free remote access to remotely connect to the PC that has all the database stuff i need. it's actually quite slick. don't know if that helps though.

I tried looking for one of those a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure there isn't anything for the PowerPC processor.

Twister: how does that work? Is it seamless with apps on the Mac?

dlloyd said:
Twister: how does that work? Is it seamless with apps on the Mac?

Actually it's AWESOME. It's a small app and runs just as good as the PC i'm remotely connecting to.

PS What app are you using xplicit

No, I know how Remote Desktop works, I've used it quite a bit. I was wondering how the database works across there.

You said you used RDC to connect to a PC and said it in response to a question about MS Access Databases. I assumed you meant that when you connect to the PC via RDC it allowed the Mac applications to use the Access database on the PC. Is that correct?

When i connect remotely to the PC i then use the software on that PC to do all my database work. It's like a virtual pc.

other programs i've tried, if this helps, include.... MacSQL and SQL4X Manager J The only problem with them is the HIGH price tag.

Aw. I use several different programs. All free, of course. I like CocoaMySQL and YourSQL. Neither is perfect, but they're both freeware :D

Neither of those actually mentions the Access database. And actually, it doesn't help if you want to run an Access database on your Mac, you still need the server software :(

Have you tried Coldfusion, from Macromedia they have a MacOS X developers version that will install the JRun server software and CF which will let you talk to an Access Database

Back