Microsoft copying Apple's use of PDF

Well: Remains to be seen how it plays out. But they make their format completely open (now that's something for MS, eh?), so if it's really any good, Apple could even switch to it. ;) ... But I don't see Adobe let MS "just do it". They'll react.

Except, they are taking on Adobe and making their own PDF-like format.

Yeah! The same way IE adheares to web standards? $MS will throw a monkey rench into mix I'm sure. Bill Gates aka Johnny come lately!

Microsoft can't finish Longhorn, they won't be able to make PDF (oops, I mean PDL files!) that print either. Have you ever tried printing Microsoft docs? Forget about it!

:)

I read another article saying that MS's search utility in Longhorn is a lot like Spotlight, i wonder who copied who.

Microsoft is not copying anyone. They are simply trying to get rid of Adobes large marketshare in the PC desktop market. Adobe is a direct competitor.

InstaGIB love the fact your a PC freak on a MAC MESSAGE BOARD! You forget where you are??? Preview a app for OS X can open PDF's, JPEGS, GIFs, PSD and was created with OS 10.0 so Apple came first with that :p

InstaGiB said:
They are simply trying to get rid of Adobes large marketshare in the PC desktop market.

by making a nearly identical file format that does virtually the same thing...

sounds like copying to me :confused: :)

yeah. because it was MS-Java, not Sun-Java. but MS aren't creating a pdf-reader, they're making a competitor to it.

Back